www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Secure plus brief
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:31 pm 

Howdy all
Has anyone tried the Secure Pus Brief I found a good deal on these and thought I would try them. From what I've read about them they sound like they maybe pretty good..............Your thoughts?...............Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:50 am 

Sandy,
I have never tried this brief, but on their website they look like a good brief. I can't really tell if they have a cloth like exterior or a plastic covering. They have a good absorbacy rating too! On their site , they cost 79 cents each before shipping. My Tena diaper I use cost me 73 cents each. The Tena Ultra, which is my diaper, has started having a very soft outer cloth covering. I just like their diaper, and I have them delivered on a regular basis.
If I were you, I would try them. There are a bunch of worse diapers out there. Let me know how they work. .....Paul (good to see you on the board again!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:53 pm 

Hi Sandy and Paul you were talking about the tena diapers are they good for overnite?I have trouble with side leaking and have not found a good diaper.All info would be welcome.Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:39 pm 

Ron,
I started talking about the Tena diaper. Sandy was asking about the secure plus diaper. I use the Tena Ultra, but only during the day. I too had the side leakage when I sleep since I am a side sleeper. The only way I took care of that problem was switching to cloth diapers and plastic pants. I've been completely satisfied with the protection. Plus cloth diapers are much more comfortable.
I'm forced to wear disposables while on vacation, since I don't want the bother of washing while in a hotel. What I do in that case is wear a cloth pull-up diaper over my disposable and a pair of plastic pants. Usually my cloth pull-up is a little damp in the morning, but atleast my bed is dry.
I'm trying to get Sandy to try cloth diapers. If she tries them, she'll never switch back!
I know it's a hassle to wash every day, but I don't mind it. The peace of mind at night is well worth it.!!
But to really answer your question Ron, I don't know of any disposable that works well. The only one that might work is those Molicares. A great diaper, but too exspensive for me. .................Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:33 pm 

Hi guys
I got the Secure plus ones :) I wore one yesterday afternoon and tried one when I went to bed I did add a booster for my night time one. And I have one on right now. My take on these is:
I like the plastic outside cover it's rather soft and seems very quiet. :)
The brief has the leak guards with the full matt front and back. But one down side is no waist band. They seem kind of thin to start with. But the do seem to hold a fair amount. By the time I changed the first one it bulked up a fair amount. They do have a fairly wide crotch area (good for us girls) I did wake up this morning and found that it leaked out the back right where the narrowed crotch area meets the wide back area (if you know what I mean) My husband said that when he came to bed last night (I was sleeping) I was laying on my tummy and he said there was a gap on both sides of my diaper right were the crotch area meets the back of the brief. He said it was a little bunched up there and said he could about slid his finger in the hole/gap. So that would explain that I guess. I noticed that with the one I have right now. I tried to adjust the tapes for that problem but in my opinion the tapes are to close together. I will say even with the leak it did seem to wick rather well the brief was more or less wet from front to back this morning. One nice thing about the tapes is you can readjust them and they will re stick. But as far as fit goes they don't seem to fit my body very well but they may work real good for you? I will stick with the Abri forms or the molicares for night time. I kinda like them for daytime use they are fairly comfortable and I they don't feel all that wet when they are wet. Over all I'd say they are comparable to the tranquility ATN's. On a 1-10 scale For daytime use I'd give them a 7+ :) For night time -5 :( .................Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:07 pm 

Hey Sandy!
Thanks for the detailed test report on the Secure Plus. You got me started testing some different diapers too. I found a supplier similar to the one I have now, except their diapers are pretty cheap.
I ordered a sample pack, and they came in this morning at my office. I'm trying 3 different brands. The first(which I have on right now) is the Protection Plus by MedLine. It has a quiet plastic backing but it is pretty thin. I had to change my diaper after two wettings. The second sample is the Ultra Soft by MedLine. It looks like a better quaility. I'll try it next. The third is the Molicare "Classic" It's not the Molicare "Super". I've tried the super before, and it's a little too thick for me for daytime use. Their price on the Molkicare Super is about 89 cents each. That's the cheapest I've seen that one. It's going to hard to beat my current diaper, Tena "Ultra". But this supplier has a lot better price. I'll keep you in touch on how the other two do in my testing. ............Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:46 pm 

Hi Paul
I've tried those the Molicare isn't to bad for daytime use. But as far as the Medlines go good luck. My opinion the protection plus is nothing more then a cheap hospital or institutional diaper. and the altra soft isn't much better. You will like your Tena's much better.........My two cents.....Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:54 am 
Great discussion on this thread, folks, and you've got me fired up to do some testing! Tho I wear cloth diapers most of the time, I do wear disposables at times.

The best diaper, IMO, is the Abena X-Plus original but at $1.30 it is pricey. Depends are lousy as everyone knows. Store brand diapers are cheap at around 50 cents but are pretty bad. I've been wearing Attends 10 but can't remember what they cost (sorry).

I'm going try the light Abena at 71 cents delivered from XPMedical.

I've been experimenting with combining cloth with a disposable and have been happy so far with the results. I know it takes away the convenience of disposables, but for those of you who wear cloth some of the time anyway, adding cloth to your disposable may make a lot of sense without creating a laundry issue since we have diapers to wash anyway.

I'll let you know how I like the light Abenas and I encourage all others to comment on their experiments with disposables and please include cost info since that's a big part of deciding what diaper to spend one's hard earned $ on.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:59 pm 

I have now tried all the samples I spoke of earlier. Seems like Sandy already knew what to exoect with these diapers. The protection plus was exactly as Sandy said. After two wettings, I needed to change or face a leak if I sat down. The Ultra Soft was better, but after two wettings, I was afraid to sit down and have a wet spot on my pants. The Molicare classic was still the same.
I believe all these diapers may be good for someone who has light incontinence. I'm a heavy wetter and sometimes flood. My Tena Ultra always takes care of me. I can go 4 to 6 hours before I have to change. With these 3 samples, I was changing every 2 hours. If the cost is cheaper, I'll still pay as much by having to go through 5 diapers a day rather than 2 to 3 a day.
I may try the Abena type one day. I'll need to find some samples to experiment with. Cost is important to me though. My Tena Ultra cost me 71 cents each. Let's see 2 cents worth per diaper equals my 6 cents worth! ............Paul

Post subject: Light Abena diapers
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:06 am 

I got the Abena Plus (71 cents) which is the lightest of the four Abena diapers starting with the Plus and working up to the heaviest X Plus ($1.35)

My experience with tapes on the heavy X Plus is they are just adequate, nothing special and tape pops at night are common with a lower leg tape often found taped onto my leg when it started off taped onto the diaper!

But the new light Abena Plus diapers have awful tapes that don't stick for anything! and I'm very careful not to contaminate the tapes or diaper surface with lotion or cream! Without filement or duct tape, these diapers would be completely useless! How frustraiting.

So I've ordered the Secure Personal Care Products diapers, both the Plus and the X-Plus, to see if the tapes are noticeable better-tho they don't have far to go to be better than the Abena tapes; hard to see how any could be worse <grin>

We will let you know!

Joe Kelly