www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:07 pm 

Is there such a thing?

Many of us have found disposables lack a lot when it comes to protecting the bedding. All of us need to protect our mattresses, of course, but those who do not want to wake in a cold (add miserable) wet bed want a diaper that will be up to the task. Some of us know cloth will certainly handle the task but those who must depend on cisposables only, what can they turn to in order to get a nights sleep without a wet bed?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:46 pm 

JoeK wrote:
Is there such a thing?

Many of us have found disposables lack a lot when it comes to protecting the bedding. All of us need to protect our mattresses, of course, but those who do not want to wake in a cold (add miserable) wet bed want a diaper that will be up to the task. Some of us know cloth will certainly handle the task but those who must depend on cisposables only, what can they turn to in order to get a nights sleep without a wet bed?

I have had very good luck with Abena X-plus as a nite time diaper with a good pair of pull on plastic pants. :D

Post subject: Is there such a thing?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:06 am 

Many of you have probably heard me sing the praises of Molicare in other forums. But I do get good reliability from Molicare Super Plus for overnight. I really have to have drunk a lot before bedtime to make one of them leak. And they are pretty good at handling all positions. It probably helps though, that I almost always sleep on my back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:11 am 

I have used Molicare Super Plus at night for several years and have recently tried Abena X-Plus. Both make a pretty good night diaper, but both also leak occasionally. I don’t dribble, I flood every few hours; and I also sleep on my side or stomach. There is enough padding in the front and middle of the diaper to usually handle one full wetting but if there is a second wetting it will probably leak. My solution is to use a washable bed pad over the sheet. If I wake up with a leaky diaper during the night, I can swap the wet bed pad for a dry one and change the diaper in a couple of minutes. That’s a lot easier than changing sheets and I don’t have to wake my wife up to do it.

Post subject: Moliform Pads
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:06 am 

Moliform pads are available in a variety of thicknesses. I've found the most absorbant version works well in most any "good" diaper be it an Attends, Abena, Tena, Tranquility or the Moli.

The pad is hourglass shape with the rear section larger than the front. I wear it reversed to give me the larger pad in front. And of course you have to slash the waterproof plastic backing with a single edge razor blade. Now you have a super diaper doubler and even a stomac sleeper like me can get thru the night and awaken in a dry bed.

You can get these and other good diapers from Gary at XP Medical, easily accessed from our Links page.

Last edited by JoeK on Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:11 pm 

:D
Hi,
Jack here and I just got out of a rehab hospital about 3 weeks ago. While there, Dave, a nures came into my room one night to get me ready for bed. He took the wet diaper off, washed me and then got a new diaper. He Said, "Jack, I'm going to do you a favor to night if you won't tell anyone". I said ok. He took the diaper and punched holes in it with a pin, taped it on me and then taped another. He told me I would not wake up that night because he was changing me, said to sleep well and he would see me first thing in the morning. It worked to, the bed wasn't wet.

Jack

Post subject: overnight diapering
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:03 pm 
I have found two solutions that really work well for me. First, if I am in a disposable mood and don't want to wash cloth diapers and plastic pants, I use the following set up: 1 abena x-plus diaper, one dignity naturals pad and one dignity double soaker pad both of which are in the middle of the diaper. I use a onesie (Abena brand bodystocking) over this to keep it all together and it really gets me through the night. Otherwise, the ultimate and most reliable thing I found is the extra heavy night diapers from angel fluff diaper company. I use an EH-8 folded into the middle of another EH-8 (the one is like a soaker in the middle of the other). This I pin on and then I use a plastic overpant (vinylwear.com). I still use a onsie to keep it all together (thick wet diapers sag then leak otherwise). This will always get me through the night but my schedule can make washing cloth diapers a hassle. However, cloth does make for a nice switch now and then.

:)