www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What not to wear
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:00 pm 

After my shopping trip with my young friend the other day I was thinking. Wouldn't that be a great episode on TLC's What not to wear. To have an incontinent person that has to wear full briefs on there. But the first problem is who would want to go on there and announce to the world that they are "incontinent" :shock: Might be a good one for one of those AB/DL people. Then again most of them seem to want to advertise it anyway. It would be fun to see how they would be able to properly set a person off without revealing their problem as well. ........Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:29 pm 

Sandy,
That's an interesting ideal. You know incontinence is slowly but surely coming out of the closet as a taboo. It's still taking a lot longer than it should. Something like that would be a great help for people trying to cope with wearing diapers and seeing how it's really not that hard to hide the fact that you're wearing a diaper. There's enough different pads and diapers on the market to do anything. You could even tell how to go into a public rest room to change. You think someone would pick up on this. It may still be too much of a taboo, though................Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:39 pm 

So any ideas who we can video and volunteer :lol: for the show....Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:51 pm 

Sandy
Have you ever been to these incontinent websites that sell adult diapers? They have models that wear the products they sell(diapers and plastic panties). They probably would be willing to show their face on a show since their face has already been posted on these websites. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't be willing to do it. These models would, though. They're mainly female, and since women suffer from incontinence in more numbers than men, they would probably be more beneficial to women viewers. What do you think?.........Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:11 pm 

I know I'm not Sandy, but my opinion is that they are just paid models.

You'd think that someday they'll have someone who is incontinent on that show. Who knows, maybe they have! It's not like they show people in their underwear anyway. At any rate, who blabs about their medical problems on that show?

On one hand, awareness would be nice, but on the other hand it's nice to keep it to yourself also. I think plenty of people are aware of incontinence issues what with all the TV commercials for Detrol or Enablex and now the one for Tena's male guards.

Speaking of which, that's a weird commercial with the guys on motorcycles and stuff. I guess their trying to say that you can still be manly or whatever, but it's still kind of strange.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:07 pm 

Hi guys
Yes Paul I have seen those women modeling briefs and plastic pants. I would agree with Rocketman that they are more then likely paid models. You rarely see someone like me that could stand to lose 15 or 20 pounds modeling briefs. I would agree that if anyone did have a bladder problem they would more then likely not advertise it on there. But then face it many of those outfits that they show, you and I with full briefs on would be hard press to be caught dead in :shock: I was thinking maybe it would be worth sending them an Email and just suggest it as something to look into. They could also do it on other disabilities and or impairments that are hard to cover up................Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:49 pm 

Sandy,
I do realize that those women who model diapers and plastic pants are paid models, but they would be more than willing to model diapers under their dresses or pants. There maybe some actual incontinent person out there who would appear on that show, you never know.
You have an ideal about contacting them and putting the ideal in their head. I don't get cable at my home(I live way out in the boonies), and I'm not very familiar with that show. Someone could send them an e-mail and see what they say.
I really believe your ideal would be greatly beneficial to people who want to get out but are afraid the world will know they are wearing a diaper. You and I have both gotten over that fear, along with basically every one else on this forum. Don't give up on that ideal!!......Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:04 pm 

Hi Sandy think you hit on a good idea but the problem would be getting someone to go on the show to make awareness of incontinence,the models are most likely paid.Thanks