www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Tranquility ATN
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:29 am 

I recall the ATNs from quite some back, before the advent of "premium" diapers such as Molicare, Abena and Secure Personal Products.

When the Attends and Depend were about the only show on the road, and they were pretty pathetic, I discovered Tranquility but found they were hard to find and always more expensive. HDIS was about the only sure source for the ATNs which fit great and work well, compared to the competition at the time.

One downside for some wearers is the skin sensitivity issue; there have been reports of the "peach mat" causing unpleasant reactions with some folks.

Nowadays I think the premium diapers outperform the ATN simply because the ATN is not up in that category. But that's based on my assumption that the ATN is unchanged from what I remember when I wore them.

One of the "new to me" premiums is Secure X Plus and I am well pleased with that diaper-it is replacing my old standby, the Abena X Plus, for those times when I have to rely on disposable diapers.

Post subject: Tapes that don't stick
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:37 am 

Lousy tapes are what are driving me from Abena and my long time stand by the XPlus. Wonderful diaper until tapes pop or become stuck to my leg when they started out stuck to the diaper!

The Secure X-Plus diaper is doing very well for me. I think it is equal in performance to the Abena and the tapes work well....so far. What a delight to tape a diaper on snugly and have the tapes stay stuck where you put them. Not cheap-around $1.70 with shipping.

Post subject: Bib Overalls
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:42 am 

Well, I love 'em.

I do agree that a lot of folks won't wear them, but for cloth diaper wearers, as Paul points out, you can hide anything you're wearing with the bib overalls.

My lifestyle allows bibs and tho they are great for concealing my cloth diapers, I like the no belt aspect and all the pockets, which I fully utilize.

I do talk them up in the Primer in the "What to wear" chapter, while realizing many will not take advantage of what they offer.

JoeK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:39 pm 

I would agree with you Joe those Abena tapes stink along with the Molicare ones. I always keep a roll of making tape close by when I'm putting one of them on. The Secure diapers seem to have good tapes. But even with the X plus secures I still preferr the Abri Form x plus as far as fit and capacity. That is one draw back about the Tranquility in the peach mat. I agree that can cause problems for some but at the same time if I add there full contour booster I feel somewhat dry even when I'm soaked. And on top of that it's amazing how much more capacity that adds to your brief. I've been wearing allot of the ATN's lately because I got a good deal and loaded up on them. ..................Sandy

Post subject: Diaper Samples
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:33 am 

Based on all the disposable diaper samples I received from HDIS, I believe I'm going to switch to the Tranquility slimlines. The ATN type is better, but I can't justify the extra money I would pay for them. Sandy convenced me to use a booster, and on long days or heavy flow days, I can add a booster.
My wife and I are driving down to Florida tomorrow for a weeks vacation, so the booster comes in handy to help hold off a diaper change. (It's a 9 hour drive from Tennessee)
I still don't have much of a problem with tapes, though. I guess that's good for me! ...................Paul

Post subject: Booster
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:09 pm 

Hey Paul if your using the smaller size Maxi pad size booster you may want to use two end to end or alongside each other. or I've even done it with two end to end and a third one in the middle or whatever works for you. Maybe being a guy you may want to double up in the front?
.......................My 2 cents................Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:29 pm 

Sandy, Thanks for the tip!. They will come in handy on this trip. I don't think I'll try more than one, though. Sometimes the bulk of the diaper and the pad becomes too obvious, and the front of my pants looks padded. One would be OK, though. Thanks again! .......Paul

Post subject: bulk
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:05 pm 

Kind a funny you worrying about bulk when you prefer cloth :D . Those slimlines don't bulk up that much as I remember even with a couple of boosters...........................Sandy

Post subject: Speaking of tapes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:06 pm 

I was wearing some tena classics today and the tapes worked good for me. This not to say they don't most of the time anyway. But the one thing that crossed my mind was. The tapes are small on the Tena's yet they work and many others are twice the size and they're junk. Could it maybe be that the narrow tapes have some sort of an advantage over the wider ones?...............Just a thought..................Sandy

Post subject: Diaper Tapes
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:00 am 

Sandy,
I've seen those wide tapes on cheaper diapers I've used in the past. I think they make you feel it's a better diaper since the tapes are wider. I believe it's all in the adhesive the manufacturer uses. If you use a better adhesive that sticks really good, then if you have to unfasten your diaper for any reason, it's hard to not tear the diaper's outer covering.
Of course on the Tena, they use that plastic sheet on the top of the cloth like outer covering of their diaper. It reaaly won't hurt the diaper to unfasten the tape. And also, on the Tena disposables, they have changed their tape type to the hook system like Velcro. The older versions are probably still out there. I guess you're still using some of the older ones, Sandy.
Well anyways, that's my thoughts on the subject! ........Paul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next