www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Summers here!
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:57 pm 

Hi All

Summer is here again, nice sunny days, grass growing, trees and flowers blooming, BBQs, and all that other great outdoor weather fun. but rash season is also in full swing. My insurance allows me to only get the attends 10 plastic backed diapers so i'm only able to use these. It hit 86 here today and WOW my thighs were feeling it. I am definetly not used to plastic in the heat. I used to be able to get the tena brands with cloth like covering, that helped keep the perspiration down and the rubbing to a minimun. I use about 6 diapers a day and use corn starch powder every time I changed, it helped for a little while, but soon wore off. I've only been incon for about a year and a half, and last summer I was not able to go outdoors much, this year I intend to make the most of life and enjoy the outdoors as much as possible, so any and all help in this area will be very appreciated.
Thanks All.
Hobie cat guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:11 pm 

Yes summer does seem like it's coming. As far as rash season I really don't have as many problems as I use to since I changed my diet and got rid of the trash like Coffee, junk foods/fast foods, Soda etc. I'm surprised to here you say you get rub rashes from the plastic backed briefs. For me the worst rub rashes I have ever had were on the inside of my legs on warm days from those cloth like backed briefs like the Tena's or Prevail. It's rare that I have a problem with the smooth plastic ones. You say your insurance will only by you Attends 10 be happy. I've read many post were people would be happy to have that good of a brief supplied to them by an inssurance company. I myself buy all my protection out of my pocket mostly on EBay. But then maybe that's a good thing I'm not stuck wearing what someone else thinks I should wear. I just recently got a case of the Attends 10's I get these from time to time when I can find a good deal. There not all that bad I wear them for day use mainly. Most of the time I add a booster for a little added protection. Then again these briefs are not a Molicares super or Abri form. But like I said their not bad. Look on the bright side you could be stuck in Depends. In my opinion the only reason they are so widely used or known about. Is if you advertise something enough it will sell no matter how bad it is. Just look at Hollywood they do it all the time. My husband say the same about many motor oils like Valvoline and Pennzoil and other off brands of oil. If you advertise it enough it will sell.......Keep smiling Summer won't last forever.
...............Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:54 pm 

Hi All

Sandy Thanks for the response, I hope your doing great.

Believe me, I Am not complaining one bit about the attends or my insurance, they are both a Godsend, and I am very greatful for both. If it wasn't for them I would not be able to function as a human being. As for summer and the heat I welcome it whole heartedly. due to my condition I have very poor circulation and am always cold and the cold hurts soooo bad, As for the plastic backing for some reason it sticks to my thighs( I don't walk very well and I use a walker. I'm still alive and can still walk and I am greatful for that blessing too.) I tried rash creams but they break down the fibers and the elastic comes loose in the diaper. I was hopeing someone else has experienced this and has found a solution to this interesting problem.
Thanks. Talk to you all later. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:16 pm 

Hobie cat guy,
Just my two cents worth. I do not have that problem. I'm a little thin and tall and usually don't have my diaper rubbing against my leg. I have a slight problem at night since I wear cloth diapers with plastic pants. Only when my diaper is thicker than usual, do I have a slight problem. I just use a good amount of baby powder between my thigh and plastic pants.
I have one suggestion, though. You could buy some "boxer Briefs" underwear and wear those over your diaper. The boxer brief has short legs that extend down your leg about 3 inches. I've tried these at night when I was in disposables, and it helped a lot. This cloth brief would be between your diaper and the skin of your leg. You could buy a pack in the men's underwear department, and see if it works.

Good Luck!!!!.............Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:15 pm 

Thanks Paul

I went out and purchased some of those boxer briefs, (Hanes makes them with a wide crotch) and they really help alot. The wide style surrounds the diaper area between my legs and I don't have that sticking anymore. Wow what a relief! also it is good for holding everything in place and I don't feel so self concious about the possibility of showing. simple solution for a big problem. Wish I would of thought of it sooner, but I guess that is what these boards are for, Help when we need it and advice when we can give it.
thanks again.
Hobie