www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: exposed at work
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:36 pm 

Still trying to process this, but here it goes. I had an accident at work and wanted to change into a dry diaper. Only 2 hours were left, but the way my bladder was acting I knew I had better be safe than sorry. I don't change in the bathrooms as they are small and heavily trafficked so all noises will be heard. I had shut my door and tugged on it a little to make sure the pocket door hook was engaged. I was wrong; right in the middle of changing in my office a coworker knocked on the door and started to open it. I don't know how much he saw, but he saw enough to quickly shut the door. He begin apologizing saying sorry your door was shut I should not have opened it. I was in shock and really didn't know what to say. My door was shut and I thought was latch. The only thing I can think of was by him knocking like he did it popped the inside latch so the door could open. I quickly finished up and open the door. He apologized again, Since I was on the spot and didn't know how much he had seen I was going to tell him I have to wear things because of a condition I have. He quickly cut me off saying "I just saw you changing clothes" and left it at that. Although, we both know there was no reason for me to be changing clothes in the work day. He talked to me about why he had come over to my office than we went back to our separate offices and finished out the work day or should I say I tried to finish the work day. For most of that time I was trying to process what he could have seen. Shaking my head and saying to myself "the door was 'f'ing shut. Why did you open it without me saying come in?" WTH and a few other choice words went through my head. It seems I went into autopilot mode and started to do the end of my work day routine. At the end of the day, I saw him and said I am schedule to have the next two days off and will be back after the weekend and thanks for the discretion earlier. He said enjoy the time off and nothing about the incident earlier. As much as I sometimes let this job get to me, I tell myself it pays well and it is tough out there finding a new job. Especially now since I would want something that could possible offer the privacy I would like. So come Monday, I will have to see him again and still wonder how much he saw and hope he doesn't say anything to my supervisor. As if life is not difficult enough.

Post subject: Re: exposed at work
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:59 pm 

batman, I'm very sorry that happened to you. It's beyond aggravating that some folks are so wrapped up in their own agenda that they never take a moment to be considerate of others. What a bozo this guy is. Hopefully he will be too embarrassed to admit he opened your door without permission and won't talk about it to anyone. Meanwhile, relax and have a nice weekend.

Wetters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:57 am 

Hey Batman,

Ive had this happen to me too.. only when i was changing at the family restroom when I was working at Walmart. When I worked at walmart and needed a change, the only possible place was in the restrooms.. I have changed in both the regular men's bathroom and the family restrooms. The way I did it in the regular restroom was to time it so i take off the wet diaper first..and then get that thrown away before i put the dry one on..that way i don't have to do it later. But anyway.. There was one time when i went into the family restroom to change.. and i forgot to lock the door.. and i had my pants down.. and was about to grab a fresh one.. when all of a sudden i see the door open and one of I think the unloaders was opening the door.. hes like oh sorry.. He didn't actually see the diaper.. just my naked bottom half.. which was embarassing enough but for all he knew, i was just going to the bathroom.. but that woudlnt explain why I wasn;t over by the toilet.. but oh well.. I just shurgged it off since he didnt actually see the diapers because I hadn't gotten one out of the bag yet.

Can you remember if you had a diaper out and exposed when he opened the door? If not, your'e fine, if so, well, yeah, he might have seen the diaper. Batman, sometimes you get the bull by the horns and sometimes the bull gets you.. that's just the way it is. In order to mantain your mental sanity, just take a deep breath, and move on. If he cut you off, he probaby was so embarrased that he didnt want to know what was going on, and by extension might be too embarrased to talk about it. Don't forget if the other employees harass you, you can always expose them to manangement. Yes that would mean exposing your inconteince, but they may keep it private and confidential.

One thing I have realized is if you live with permanent incontinence, sooner or later you will be exposed changing or what not, or your diaper will show.. thankfully mine doesnt show ever since I got onesies.. but still.. i do still worry about someone seeing or hearing something during changing in public.. which is why I try to chagne at home if I can.

Batman, what do you use for proteciton? Do you wear briefs or pullups? you might want to try wearing abena or Confidry and then not have to worry about changes at all for a good long while.. just a suggestion.. one extedned wear brief gets me through an entire half shift, and since I wear my pants a size up, no one can tell i have a diaper on..or at least no one has said anyhing bout me having a diaper..the staff or the kids..

Peace out!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:02 am 

Thanks Wetters and Geek.

Considering my door is open 90% of the time it would reason that the 10% it is closed means I need privacy for one reason or another. thinking back I do remember the latch being in the out position so it was in place. Still my door was shut for a reason.

For what I wear, I was using Real Fit, but have had them leak a few times so I am looking at different ones. Since I can get Prevail breezers 360 from the VA, I have been trying those before asking for a change. I have found they are much better than the Real Fits, Plus I can use them out in town without taking my shoes off to change. I just hate having one that is wet so when I do have an accident I go ahead and change. As for what he probably saw, I was right in the middle of fastening the tabs. go figure. For now I can just hope for the best and I don't have to go to HR with this.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:09 am 

I too am very sorry that this embarrassing incident happened. However, from what you've told us, it appears that they guy who saw you intends to be discrete about it. He's a jerk for barging in on you the way he did, but he's probably prepared to keep the matter to himself. People are often more compassionate than we expect. This is a guy whose friendship you may want to cultivate.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:36 am 
Admin

Batman, don't lose any sleep over it, you are making it out to be a MUCH bigger deal then it really is. I have had the same thing happen at work, changing and had to undress as I wear mostly Depends for men at worn, unnoticeable, and discreet, but do what I need if it goes south, rare, but on this day it did. Door, full sixed, and a separate bathroom all by itself in the hall, and closed said door, locked, and went about my business. 1/2 done, in clean knickers, and the door opens... WELL, what to do!?!?!? lol can laugh now, but the lady that was on the other side saw way more then she expected... can laugh now, but for that week, I was in freak out mode... all the what if's going thru my already overloaded mind... never heard a peep from her, and I KNOW she saw more then enough to tell her if was not normal underwear, but as it should be, I never heard a word about it after that day. It is a private matter, and unless... no forget it, there are no unless situations with incon issues, there should be nothing said to anyone by the co-worker, PERIOD. If it occurs, then I would definitely be informing the BOSS and no one else about your situation, and that is it. People suffer from it, no diff then hearing loss, or bad joints, only it involves a diaper, so what... nothing should come of it, and if it does, then you take it from there... you are NOT alone bud, don't sweat it! Puffy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:16 am 

batman,

Like the others said, don't sweat it. It happened and its behind you now. Learn from it and make sure your door is looked. As for HR getting involved, I would not stress that either. If you work place is so big you have a HR department, they know better than to call you out for a medical problem. If anything, if you feel discriminated for your problem, they would have to help you out. They can't fire you for wearing a diaper if it is medically necessary. Most they could do is move you somewhere that I will not effect the work being done but even that would be a gamble with this sue happy world we live in.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:52 am 

Thanks Puffy and Rope. I'm sure things will be fine just was unnerving when it happen. Went to the hardware store and bought a locking pin for pocket doors so there will be no doubt the door is locked and cannot be opened. So I will be installing that Monday morning.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:54 am 

A few years ago we were on a company outing. We were cruising a local lake on a large pontoon boat. As the day wore on and the alcohol flowed, inhibitions began to subside. One of my co-workers who I have known for several years came and sat down next to me . She calmly leaned into me and said,"I think I have finally figured it out, you're wearing diapers aren't you?!" You would probably guess I blushed three shades of red but I simply looked at her and said, "I am shocked you not only figured it out but you have the guts to ask me about them!" Now she was turning red and studdered out a response of "Oh I didn't mean to put you on the spot and diddn't mean to invade your privacy but you are so fun to be around and ...." I stopped her and said don't sweat the small stiuff, I'm living proof God has a sense of humor. Everyone have a Great Day

"Act as if what you do makes a difference, It does."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:32 pm 

Thanks Happy. definitely made me crack a smile. btw that incident will not happen again. Went to the hardware store and bought a sliding door locking pin. Drilled a hole in the pocket door and with it inserted the door cannot be open inadvertently.