www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:24 am 

Normal I try to be home when I get the alert from UPS my stuff will arrive, but tonight I wasn't able to. So I left the front porch light off so it would be dark where they leave the packages, but the driveway lights were on. Well I finally received the email at 7 my packages had arrived. It took us an hour to get back home since I was across town. When I got home no packages, we looked everywhere around the house.

I am steamed the packages were taken off my porch or delivered to the wrong address. Now the angry has turned to frustration and embarrassment. Some thief who probably thinks they got something didn't, they got my supplies which I need and my name and address is all over it. Plus, no telling how they will dispose of them. If a neighbor received it Great, but sometimes the packages are not so discreet and now that neighbor will know. I guess for now I will have to wait to see if a neighbor shows up tomorrow with my packages, if not I will have to talk to the VA about it and figure something out. Deep breaths is all I can do for now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:05 am 

Batman, I can relate. Last December I had the same thing happen, it was not delivered to my house but somewhere else. UPS was notified and the driver could not remember where it was delivered. I cringe thinking a neighbor received and opened it. Not even sure I would want them to return it after that. Wife and I went all over trying to find it but no luck. Knowing my diapers were now in the hands of some one else really upset me and even this far on still does. Papa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:33 am 

Really hope it sorts out for you. It's stress and worry that you could do with out. Over here in my home town of Warrington there are 3 lanes with the same name as ours and it is always a worry.
I really feel for you.
All the best.

4wheeldave.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:13 pm 

Living in a small town, here in Maine, the local UPS guy who knows everybody ran into one of my buddies and asked him if he'd be seeing me anytime soon. So he gave my buddy a box containing diapers and then my buddy called me to tell me that he had my package.......was a little awkward. Good thing it was in a plain box......

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:20 pm 

Thanks all for the concern. The good news is I don't have to go out and buy more. The bad news is they were delivered to my neighbor two doors down. The reason it is bad news is him and I work in the same area on the base. Most of the time in the military there is little privacy, but now I am retired from the service I wish to keep some of my conditions to myself. My wife keeps telling me not to worry about it and there is nothing I can do about it. I know there is nothing I can do about it and I can only hope nothing is said.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:57 pm 

Glad is looks like things will work out. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If the neighbor says anything to anyone you can always thank them for giving you permission to share their embarrassing secrets. "Treat others how you want to be treated."