www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Exposure Time
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:52 pm 
Are there any other negative effects other than diaper rash when being exposed to wet/soiled diapers for long periods of time?

Post subject: Wet/soiled diapers
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:42 am 

There is plenty to be concerned about with possible infection from a soiled diaper that has not been changed for several hours. Please see a discussion on this in our Diaper Primer (just click on the homepage).
In short, the body is disposing of bacteria-filled matter through fecal discharge. These will multiply and possibly cause infection that will be very difificult to stop without medical intervention.
So in addition to the discomfort of wet and soiled pants - or the very unpleasant odours - remember if you can detect them, then so can anyone near you - one risks infection over and above diaper rash.

In short, frequent changing - and as soon as possible after a fecal discharge - is both a clean and healthy practice. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:36 pm 

I actually posted the first message, I guess I wasn't logged in.

The reason I ask is because (yea, I know, gross) I often soil my diaper not long after I fall asleep but I rarely get up to bother changing it. The smell, etc. doesn't bother me nearly enough to get up and go through the hassle of taking a shower when I'm already asleep but might kinda toss in the night and notice that I soiled the diaper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:03 pm 

Hi All I usually don't soil my diapers but have been forced to wear wet longer than I wanted was lucky not even diaper rash just bad feeling. Thanks