www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:44 am 

You know, I have read here many times that no one knows you are wearing a diaper. I was always certain that there would be a give-away, a strange bulge or a rustle or something that would tell everybody around that I was wearing a diaper. Until last night.

Oftentimes, I just rely on a pad, but sometimes I feel like I need more and at those times I will wear a diaper. As I've read here (again), it's better to have more diaper than you need than to need more diaper than you have. There were times when I relied on just a pad and sweated my way through...just because I was afraid that everyone would know.

Last night I went out to do some shopping and go to dinner. I bit the bullet and wore a diaper because I felt that I needed it bad enough that I didn't care if people knew. I was shopping for shoes, and while I was looking at the shoes in the mirror as I was trying them on, I looked at my shorts also. Except for the fact that I knew what I had on, I wouldn't have known that I was wearing a diaper.

What a relief! I'll never again let irrational fear determine my choice of protection. Interestingly as it turned out last night, I would have been fine with less, but I'm still glad I wore a diaper!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:05 pm 

Rocketman, you gave a great account of how indetectable, even in summer, diapers are to anyone but the wearer! That is especially true of disposables that barely show any additional thickness. It can also be true for cloth diapers that are thicker both because of the cloth and plastic pants sovering them. But there, too, they are well concealed in the summer with shirts that are designed to be worn over the shorts or pants.
Even more important, who cares? Other people are just too busy with their own work or interests to be checking up on other people's waists and hips! So with only a little care, diapers can be completely concealed - and even you will forget you're wearing them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:40 pm 

I have been wearing diapers since birth and never have I been asked if I was wearing a diaper except by a 4 year old in line at Disneyland ( I think he heard a russeling sound and I needed a change :oops: ) But the point is most don't know and those that ask are just curious. I told him yes and that some adults and older kids need to wear diapers. My wife and I had a chat with his mother after the ride in line for the family restroom after he said to my wife "you gonna change his diaper now" she said yes and showed him that adult diapers were just like baby diapers. Hopefully he understood and it didn't slow up his potty training ( he was bragging that he wore training pants now)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:05 pm 

Hi all yes when i frisr wore a diaper what came to mind was the woman in the ad wearing a sign saying she has a bladder problem.I was sure everyone could tell but you know i have never have wondered about someone i meet wearing a diaper. RON

Post subject: I agree..
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:56 am 

When first adjusting to diapers, I was very concerned about people noticing and I wore a lot of baggy clothes and long shrts untucked. As time went on and I became more comfortable, I began to see that no one cared or noticed at all. I lead an extremely active life, and it takes two disposable diapers to get me through about 4 hours. I still wear good fitting clothes, with shirts tucked in now..and I have to tell ya..no one has a clue. I work out everyday as well..too hard to cover up my body under baggy clothing. I like looking good..and feeling good. I notice the diapers because I am wearing them..but I encourage every one to get out there and live life.
Sure, wearing diapers 24/7 takes some adjusting..but once you accept the reality of your situation, take the appropriate measures to protect yourself, it become much easier over time to deal with.