www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:23 am 

I have tried both of them and others as well. I think you may be onto something when you say it could be a personal sensitivity issue. I just can't stand the cloth like cover diapers ... it has to be a plastic cover diaper for it to be comfortable to me. I've been wearing the disposables and haven't had a problem - I started coming out to people at work about it to head off any problems - they are totally supportive!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:40 am 
I have to agree I don't like cloth like backing and so many mfrs have gone to the cloth like backing. I have a big chaffing problem with any of them.

Quiet plastic is the solution. And wearing cloth underwear over the diaper also does a great job. I like the Abena X and find the plastic noiseless for me, and that's important in a close office environment where it is quiet and you can't be crinkling as you walk.

Joe K

Post subject: Cloth-like backings
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:53 pm 

Hello Steve,
I haven't experienced any chafing problems with any of the top-line disposables, and most of them have changed from plastic to the cloth-like backing. But Molicare has not. While they are expensive, they have at least two models on sale in North America (regular and super) that feature the plastic backing. They are both comfortable and have very good capacity despite being thinner than most others. You would probably find them non-chafing. Good luck in your search!

Post subject: Employment Issues
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:16 am 

Time for my few cents worth of advice. I have to agree with Joe K. and go with the Abena disposables. I am an IT (information technologies) manager at work (computer geek), and am up and down and going all over the building at work. I have tried just about everything in the way of disposable diapers, cloth, catheters and what not. The Abena diapers are quieter than most diapers and no one has ever noticed my protection. I do wear flannel lined plastic pants over the disposables just in case of any leaks. Sometimes, to my eyes, I seem a bit more bulky with the padding but it is never noticed. We are "tuned" into the sound of krinkly diapers and we hear more than anyone else does. The flannel muffles the diaper and is a wonderful safeguard. As an example just today, I reached diaper saturation level but did not realize it until I leaked but it was a small leak and the flannel caught most of the leak. If not for the flannel I would have been in a world of distress. Thats my few cents.
Schoe