www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Disposable disposal?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:24 pm 

I have a small trashcan with a foot pedal to open it. I keep it in my closet and line it with a plastic bag. Then after 3 wet diapers, i toss that bag in outside garbage.

It helps to contain the smell and doesn’t create a large buildup of old diapers before they go outside.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:29 pm 

I've tried diaper genie type cans in the past, but it is more convenient to use our regular trash cans with liners for routine wet diapers. I use one by my bed and one in the laundry room by the downstairs bathroom. For messy diapers, however, I clean up and put diaper and wipes in a plastic grocery bag, tie it closed, and take it directly to the outside can on wheels. Monday mornings are "trash day" for us, so I put the can at the street the night before. I always hope if I have an accident on Monday morning I can get cleaned up and carry it to the can at the street before the garbage truck comes. I told my wife it gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "walk of shame!"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:35 pm 

5bugles wrote:
... I clean up and put diaper and wipes in a plastic grocery bag, tie it closed, and take it directly to the outside can on wheels.
In Canada, they're phasing out plastic bags so that is becoming an issue. I've been buying the cheapest kitchen catcher bags that I can for that purpose.