www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:42 am 

The only thing that works for me at night is to wear a cloth diaper over the disposable.
I do get high quality disposables, but even with doublers, I still need more protection.
Especially in nights when I have taken medicine.
Before I started to wear both disposables and cloth, I could wake up and feel the need of a liferaft.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:43 pm 
Admin

That seems to be a good combo, using a disposable and a cloth all in one over top for any excessively heavy nights. Good way to deal with any leaks from the disposable, but there is a lined cover pant that will also do the trick, without adding too much bulk, Puffy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:06 pm 

Tried fabric lined plastic pants, but on my extreme nights, bulk is the only solution.
I sleep with my eyes closed, so esthetics is no problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:40 pm 

optimist wrote:
Tried fabric lined plastic pants, but on my extreme nights, bulk is the only solution.
I sleep with my eyes closed, so esthetics is no problem.

Optimist,

At night, I've gone the 'cloth over disposable' route, too. Bulk conquers all, I suppose. Also, who will notice?

J.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:03 am 

For years, for nighttime I have used layering including cloth pullups from Kins for "extra" protection. So, from top down I wear plastic pants over a thin cloth pullup over plastic pants over a thicker cloth pullup over a disposable diaper. I chose these "extreme" measures as I am a side sleeper and detest waking up in a wet bed in the middle of the night. This hybrid combination rarely has failed me.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:05 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
For years, for nighttime I have used layering including cloth pullups from Kins for "extra" protection. So, from top down I wear plastic pants over a thin cloth pullup over plastic pants over a thicker cloth pullup over a disposable diaper. I chose these "extreme" measures as I am a side sleeper and detest waking up in a wet bed in the middle of the night. This hybrid combination rarely has failed me.

--John
(double incontinent)

I used to use those from Kins which Drylife used to sell under their own name in the UK. Sadly, they found a British supplier and their pants shrank considerably after the first few washes such that they were too small to fit over the disposable. I ended up using towels which I pin on over the disposable, and a rubber pant (similarly sourced from Kins by Drylife, which seem to have stopped doing so without explaining why), and that has proven 99% reliable.

I would advise the OP, get a good night's sleep and clean yourself up in the morning. That way you don't have to get your hands dirty when it's difficult to get to a sink, or have the nappy stinking the room out.