www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AC Medical
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:58 am 

Hi All,
I was asked recently about AC Medical and failed to respond due to lack of time. For that I apologize.

AC Medical is in our links page and are a fine outfit. However, I consider them a "post graduate" course for folks looking for unique or specific styles of waterproof pants. They offer an absolutely bewildering variety of waterproof pants. That is exactly why I would never send a newbie to AC Medical. Someone looking to buy plastic pants for the first time will be totally lost (IMO) and most likely will buy something and find it not suitable and then form a negative opinion of plastic pants and stay with dispsoables.

As a strong supporter of cloth diapering, I don't want to see that happen! <grin>

Therefore, I feel it adviseable to send a newbie to a good source, where he will get good plastic pants, but with limited choices. I feel a newbie should get satisfactory plastic pants that are functional and will serve to get him going in the cloth diaper area. Hence I prefer to send him to ACD or Plastic-pants.com or Comco. Plain and simple. Even Suprima offers a bit too much choice that I think could "turn off" a total newbie.

After someone developes experience with plastic pants, then they know about crotch width, rise, hip room, hi back, trim fit, wide elastics, narrow elastics, welded seams, sewn seams, encased elastics, vinyl, urethane, thickness in mils, coated fabrics and so on; then, I would feel more confident sending them to Suprima, and then to the ultimate waterproof pants store: AC Medical where they can spend hours sorting out what they might like. I don't think I've seen a larger variety of waterproof pants anyplace.

So, that's my reply about AC Medical. I like them, they offer tons of stuff but too much variety for that newbie just looking to buy his first pair of (basic) plastic pants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:45 pm 

Hi Joe K.:

I am the one who originally asked about AC Medical regarding plastic and rubber pants. I find your reply above to be both extensive and very informative regarding advice on the subject to be given to someone new to the topic, especially as a user. Your reply should be saved on the Primer section of the site under "WaterProof Pants," under the final "Summary" section. Thanks --- B.
:D

Post subject: Thank you!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:40 am 

Hi Tonto,
Thank you for your kind words! We are here to help and I enjoy doing what I can to help and guide others thru learning to live with incon and diapers. I had to learn everything the hard way, since there was no information available in the prehistoric times that I was growing up, going to school, serving my country and getting a job and starting a career, all while diapered.

One of my "hobbies" became getting involved in helping other incons struggle and then win over the incon and get on with their lives, once they realize incon is but an a minor inconvenience....yeah, I know some will take me to task for the "minor inconvenience" comment, saying they think it's a major pain in the butt.

But, for the most part, folks dealing with incon for more than a few years come to see it as a minimal disruption to their life...of course, life is always what you make it!