www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SnapEZ
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:49 pm 

Has anyone ever tried a pocket diaper from a company called SnapEZ? From what I have gathered, they started making cloth diapers for babies but later for adults and special needs. I had a good friend recommend them to me and I got one of the diapers but skipped the insert. I was not overly impressed with them so I didn't give them much thought. Then they put out a promotion for a larger size and I tried them again, just this time, I got about a half a dozen of the bamboo inserts. I tried it for the first time today and felt that they may be a good option for comfort and shorter wear time or they would be great for those with more intermittent leakage. Ill post some picteres and would love to hear any thought you guys(and gals) may have.

Rope

Post subject: Re: SnapEZ
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:56 pm 

Pictures of what I got. The purple one was the first and an XL and the second was a 2XL. The green one.

Attachments:
IMG_20220624_075216672.jpg
IMG_20220624_075216672.jpg [ 2.66 MiB | Viewed 2187 times ]
IMG_20220624_075122558.jpg
IMG_20220624_075122558.jpg [ 2.11 MiB | Viewed 2187 times ]
IMG_20220624_075104404.jpg
IMG_20220624_075104404.jpg [ 2.37 MiB | Viewed 2187 times ]
IMG_20220624_075050063.jpg
IMG_20220624_075050063.jpg [ 2.5 MiB | Viewed 2187 times ]
IMG_20220624_075045169.jpg
IMG_20220624_075045169.jpg [ 2.44 MiB | Viewed 2187 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:04 pm 

These two didn't upload for some reason.

Attachments:
IMG_20220624_075430014.jpg
IMG_20220624_075430014.jpg [ 2.25 MiB | Viewed 2186 times ]
IMG_20220624_075328971.jpg
IMG_20220624_075328971.jpg [ 2.52 MiB | Viewed 2186 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:16 pm 

Thanks for posting. The photos really help. I have several and you must use the inserts for any type of absorbancy. My problem has been that the moisture tends to wick to the outside of the PUL cover. When using them for overnight I had to wear a waterproof pant over them. Let us know how they are working for you. Now I am back to disposables at night and I wear one of those without an insert over my disposable at night. I very rarely have a leak outside the Snap-EZ pant.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:14 am 

I've used these for a number of years; I wear them at home in order to reduce my usage of disposables. The latest generation of the XXL is the best yet; I wear them with the snap extenders (to make it more like a XXXL) and the adult super hemp/bamboo inserts. As my older-generation XXL covers wear out, I'm upgrading to the current-generation XXL. At the same time, I'm upgrading from the adult super insert to the new (and longer) adult super plus insert.

Usually, I use one soaker insert, as two are a bit too bulky. Plus, I'm at home, so it's easy to change after a large void (I have slow leakage, but also sudden urges that result in complete voiding). As they do not have side leak guards, full saturation of the insert can result in wicking to the edges in the crotch area. My experience is that, with one insert, a single complete voiding or its volume equivalent in smaller voids or leakage, is fine. But, two large accidents will saturate the insert and cause wicking. With cloth diapers, my preference is to change after each large void, or after a few hours of slow leakage (equivalent in volume to a large void), as cloth provides no odor control, unlike disposables.

I really like the microfleece inner layer, as it is very soft quickly wicks the wetness away from the skin and into the soaker. The Snap-EZ is my favorite cloth diaper for this reason...my skin feels dry. Thus, I get the economy and softness of cloth with the skin protection of a premium disposable. And, the Snap-EZ fit me like a glove despite my size. The newest generation XXL is refined to the point that I no longer have to wear fixing pants or snug underwear over them to keep them up.

Washing is easy...pull the insert out of the pocket cover and wash both in the same load. I use hot water, with a free-and-clear detergent (usually Purex or All), a little bit of color-safe bleach (usually Purex or Clorox 2), and a cup of Borax. I also use a double rinse (which I do with all of my clothes). Then, I dry them on the hot cycle. They come out fresh, clean, soft, and absorbent every time. I have a traditional Speed Queen commercial top-loading washer and matching dryer that do a great job (I don't like the HE machines at all...you need plenty of water in order to have clean clothes!!!).

The only drawback is they are quite expensive, but they do run sales and free-shipping offers a several times a year. In fact, they have opened up the pre-order for the XXL size this weekend (they are made to order, and are not an off-the-shelf item).

I like supporting an American owned-and-operated small business located right here in the Pacific Northwest; the owner employs local seamstresses who work from home. It's nice to be able to buy something that is completely American made and keep my hard-earned money here, given the economic struggles our country is facing.

In general, I feel they have been worth the investment. I wear cloth at home and disposables away.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:18 am 

I know it's been a while since I posted on this tread but things have been pretty busy and crazy the past few months. Anyway, I have an a few times to tru these out and I have been pretty happy over all. They are very soft and comfortable and with all the snaps on the side panels, I can get a fairly good fit to my hips. I have also tried doubling up on the inserts to get some more absorbency and I find it does not feel too bulky or uncomfortable.
I did order two more pocket diapers and a half a dozen inserts and I am happy with them. I have been using the inserts in my regular cloth diapers as a booster and that works way better then layering up my pre-folds.

My plan is to use the Snap EZ's more or less like a reusable pull on for shorter time frames where I won't need full protection. I guess it will be just another tool in the tool box for management.