www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:26 pm 
Admin

Has anyone tried the new Wellness Brief Superio Signature Series diaper?
http://www.wellnessbriefs.com/shopdispl ... e%20Series

I just got a case of them and on first look/try they seam to be a lot better than their old ones.
Their old ones I wouldnt recommend them to my worst enemy. They were FULL of tiny holes in the plastic backing.
Every time you would wet them, the urine would go right through the plastic backing and get your pants wet.
Im hoping that they got that problem fixed with the new ones.

Has anyone else tried them and what was your opinion of them?

Schoppy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:40 am 

I haven't tried the new wellness brief, but I did order a small package of diapers from xp medical that were specifically designed for them. I was disappointed that the tape tabs ripped if you tried to remove or reposition them. I see that they also have a level 4 diaper that they seem high on. I'm a bit afraid to try them for the same reason.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:49 am 

Schoppy,

I conducted extensive tests of the Beta-version of the new Wellness Superio Signature series diaper and now am well into a case of the final version. I am bowel incontinent and, during my long exercise walks, often experience a fecal accident. Then I have to walk back home with a messy diaper. After 17 such events and walking more than 30 miles with a messy diaper Superio Signature diaper, I never experienced a leak!! Not even my Abena Abriform X-Plus briefs have performed that well.

It also has excellent total absorption. I artificially field tested it with about 42 ounces of liquid - while actually wearing the diaper. This was not the total maximum absorption of the diaper. Despite the absorption it is surprisingly thin, which is great for concealment while wearing thin athletic attire or dress trousers.

This is an entirely new diaper, so please do not compare it to the old one. The tapes are much stronger and attach to a new front-panel plastic landing zone for tapes. This is much more secure and it is easy to remove and reattach the tapes. I normally reinforce the tapes on any diaper I wear, but that has not been necessary with the new Wellness.

I think the new Wellness may be comparable to the Tena Slip Maxi, of which I have a few upstairs. I can highly recommend the new Wellness diaper.

--JD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:44 am 

Schoppy: I too tried the new superio signature. I found it to be "better than their old ones", but the Abena M4 is still superior both from a protection/capacity point of view as well as a cost/diaper ($1.13 when on special vs $1.54 for the Superio).

As others have stated, Gary at XP Med has made his own brands (level 3 and the higher capacity level 4). The level 3 is a good daytime use diaper and pretty inexpensive. Haven't tried the level 4, but will do so soon and report back.

ILuvLA.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:17 am 

Thanks ILovLA,

I was in the process of looking for a new night time diaper for work. I tried the new wellness diapers but I was one of the first and the tabs ripped right off. When i called to complain they seemed more interested in me telling them how great it was. I returned them for a case of the old ones but they would not pick up the return shipping. It cost me an extra $30. that was the last straw with that bunch.
I saw where Gary had his own diaper and was looking to it as a possible replacement but noticed they had no leak guard. Was this a correct observation?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:30 am 

Yep, Gary does have his own diaper now, and it's pretty good. It's got a plastic cover, and it's pretty noisy, but the tapes stick like mad and it's just about as absorbent as a Tena Super Stretch (my fav) or an Abena DeltaForm.

It's not fancy--in fact, the quilted lining makes it look a bit old-school--but it's a good diaper for a good price. I'm thinking later, if this one's successful, he'll make a higher-end version with some of the bells and whistles, like leak guards and better elastics, but these are definitely worth a try if you don't need Dry24/7 or Abena X-Plus absorbency.

-RMS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:08 pm 

I tried the new Wellness Superio Brief. I liked it. It does hold a good amount of urine. It held well overnight which is when I wet the most. My only complaint would be the tapes. Just like what others are saying about XP Medical's new A+ diaper, the tapes are once and done. But, as long as you are using them correctly and changing according to schedule, I don't see too much of a problem with them. The leg cuffs are extremely high and it creates a trough almost. They are much thinner than the Abena's but again hold well. I am looking to also try a sample of the A+ diaper from XP Medical to see how that one works.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:51 am 

Guys, are you sure that you are using the FINAL version of the new Wellness diaper (rather than the Beta version)? The tapes definitely are not tape once and done. I have been able to re-tape three times without any difficulties at all. Please note that, if your diapers do not have the front plastic landing zone, you do not have the final version of the diaper.

--JD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:04 pm 

JD-

I have the ones that have the plastic landing zone and the tapes are VERY sticky even when placed on the landing zone. I can also say that I would like it if the landing zone were a bit more extended. Just my two cents.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:18 pm 

msshendo,

I definitely agred that the tapes are sticky.

At first I was worried that, when pulling a tape off, it would damage the plastic landing zone, but not so far. The landing zone seems to be tough. I think that the new tapes would have torn the old plastic backing if detached. The plastic front panel landing zone does make the diaper a little more noisy, but not too bad.

--JD