www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:40 pm 

Has anybody out here given these a try? If so what do you think of them? http://xpmedical.com/absorbency_plus.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:11 am 

I have some on order now and will post a brief review after I have used a few. I ordered both Absorbency Plus and Abena Abri-form X-Plus in Level 4 and so will be able to compare the two.

--John

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:40 am 

Thanks JD,

I too am looking for a new night time protection for when I am at work. I have been using the old Wellness briefs and saw how the qualty had gone way down over the past few months. Then when I asked them about the changes they told me there were none. I was one of the first people to buy the newer Superio Briefs and they not one time said it was the bata version till i called an complained. they took the case back but i had to pay for shipping to get them replaced and it was about half of a new case. bad buisness practice and that is why I am done with wellness.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:41 am 

Got mine yesterday... VERY strong tapes but be careful when pulling on the as the plastic can rip. I noticed that the standing legs cuffs aren't there which bothered me a little but I've had no problems so far. Time will tell. They are comfortable and so far seem to do the job. Today will be a better test.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:37 am 

I'm happy to report that XP Medical may be on to something with their new line of diapers! After just over a full day of using them, naturally with regular changing, they have performed as well as any of the high end diapers & at a lower price. One thing I did notice was that they came from Michigan which is where the Dry 24/7's came from & they seemed to have the same non offensive odor as the Dry 24/7's. The odor is not at all strong & not a bad smell. Just the same. Makes me wonder.... Either way they seem to work very well for me and I will be jumping back on XP Medical's ship. I still have some concerns on the lack of leg cuffs. Many times per month I cannot control BM's if I stray from regular eating habits as I usually only have a couple of minutes at best to get to the bathroom. Those leg cuffs always seemed to help with containment so time will tell there. Hope this helps others out here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:25 am 

I've tried both the +3 and +4 for several weeks now. Plainly stated, the +4 is a good night time one; the +3 is a fairly good daytime one. When you consider the cost of the +4 verses the 24/7, then it is (IMHO) the best out there.

The +4 absorbs well; tapes are *very* secure; soft plastic; "relatively" inexpensive (way less than all the rest).

On the other hand ... the tapes are a "use once and that's it" (not refastenable); noisy/crinkly; no leg cuffs (fyi: I only have bladder incon; bowels are not an issue).

For me and what I need, they are great for night time. I can't find anything cheaper! And they (+4) work well for daytime so long as you can handle the bit of noise (abena fixing underpants help greatly). Keep in mind the +4 will get bulky in the crotch; I don't use them in the daytime unless there is a special circumstance.

I thought the lack of leg cuffs might be a problem, but their fast absorbancy didn't cause a leakage issue. So I don't see it as a drawback.

Given the lack of Dry 24/7s, this is a fantastic alternative.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:38 am 

I have been using the +4 as well, and while they seem as good as the M4, I have noticed that they clump up on my active days. If I spend a day in the office, they are fine. If I am out in the boatyard- climbing ladders and scaffolding- then the stuffing tends to slough into the crotch and gets very uncomfortable long before it fills up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:30 pm 

Often I use the +4 as a daily diaper, worn under jeans and plastic pants, and with compression pants to act both as a silencer and to provide support against sagging. I also have worn the +4 as a night diaper with a booster pad and it performed well.

As I recently seem to be double incontinent, I regret not having leak guards, but the A+ is a good diaper. The plastic is relatively soft and sags a lot which provides good expansion as it absorbs, but when worn out of the house as a daytime diaper some form of support is required (I tend to be a heavy wetter).

--John

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:01 pm 

I decided to see what the cost per diaper was on the A+ from XP Medical and I was a bit surprised. We have been toting this new diaper as a cheap diaper. Cost per diaper comes out to about $1.38. 24/7 comes out to $1.65 and Abena Abri-form comes out to $1.66 per diaper. So, per diaper it is about $0.30 cheaper. Over the long run I would guess that could add up. I'm just not sure for me if it is really that much cheaper.

Sorry if I got a bit too in depth for you all there. Just something on my mind.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:32 am 

Msshendo,

Like you, I calculate the relative price per diaper of the diapers I wear, when purchased by the case. It is well worth the effort.

At any given time, I only wear as much diaper as I need for the occasion and thus try to save a few cents where I can. I keep a variety of diapers on hand but reserve the Abena Level 4's for the longest periods when I expect to wear the diaper without a change. For shorter periods I like the Absorbency Plus diapers. When I need a thinner or more discrete diaper for dress clothes or to go to the gym I use the Wellness Superio Signature diaper. I reserve Tena Slip Maxi's (my most expensive diaper) for special social occasions, such as church or organizational group meetings.

As am double incontinent and a heavy wetter, the less costly diapers often do not work out well for me.

--John