www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:25 pm 
Admin

Rick,
As discussed in another thread. I think one has to be careful with the AB type diapers. I'm not knocking your comfort. I like a brief that is comfortable too. But you have to realize that your doctors may see you in that diaper at an inpportune moment. Puffy Pants brought up the fact that you could be in a car accident or have to unexpectedly go to the ER. The docs will see you in a diaper that you may not want to be seen in. I'm not saying what you can or can't do because its not my business, but if someone were to see me in a diaper with cute blocks or bears on it, I'd be mortified. I don't care how comfortable they are; there are plenty of diapers out there that are not the AB/DL type that are comfortable. I wear Abena and for the most part, I usually don't even feel them. I forget that I'm wearing them. Once again, I'm not hating on your comfort, I'm just saying you could get caught in them when you don't want to. And what will your doctors think then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:26 pm 

This all pre-supposes that you actually care what some stranger might think if they see your underwear. You being seen in an ABDL diaper is no worse than a man being seen in silky heart covered boxers or his wife's panties... all of which occur on a regular basis. For crying out loud, I can go down to Wal-Mart and get briefs in my size with a Batman motif. Does anyone really give a flying frack?

As far as what a doctor might say, I wouldn't really worry about it. They are trained medical professionals who have seen it all and they know how to conduct themselves in a professional manner.

All in all... "Be who you are and say what you feel, for those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:57 pm 
Admin

Puddleguy,

All I was simply saying was that your doctor may think you have alterior motives for wearing a diaper. All my doctors know I'm incontinent. They all know I wear the diapers. But if I came into a doctors office with a cute diaper on, sombody may get the wrong idea about my incontinence and think I'm doing it on purpose and for attention. I wouldn't want this. Maybe its just my mind wandering. You may not, but I care what my doctors and medical professionals think. I see them all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:24 pm 

If your doctor knows - which he/she should - they may have a sense of humor - if you also have one - and get a laugh out of it. I have a sense of humor but am not that brave. I think some times we are all so paranoid about wearing diapers we (not without reason) have lost our playfulness. Papa

Post subject: Re: ABUniverse diaper!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:57 am 

CharlieP wrote:
I got over the design about 2 seconds after putting it on for the night. One tab per side is amazing. Why is no one else doing this? It's so comfortable. I would go so gar as to say the most comfortable diaper I have ever worn.

Uhh... Why not only use one tape on the ones you use now? You don't need to use all four or six tapes unless you have fecal incon. (which I do).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:57 am 

deen_ad wrote:
Uhh... Why not only use one tape on the ones you use now? You don't need to use all four or six tapes unless you have fecal incon. (which I do).

If you don't have experience with the ABU products, their single tape is easily 300% larger than a single tape on any other adult brief.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:01 pm 

Honestly the longer I have been incontinent and the more I am around people who are actually incontinent, and the AB/DL crowd, I've honestly been considering ordering some Bambinos - probably the "Teddy" ones since they are supposed to be more absorbant than the normal all-white line and I need all I can get for my bedwetting problem.

It is still a lot to get over there is so much societal stigma about who is and isn't supposed to wear diapers, and here I am looking at something with teddy bears all over the front. But I only wear them to bed, and I'm single, so no big deal. Right now the Abena M4's are doing an awesome job and I've no incentive to switch other than to see what the solutions are, that are out there. Haven't been IC more than a few months now so, hey, if something is more comfortable...why not give it whirl? Teddy bears or no teddy bears?

Now the ABUniverse "Cushies" thing, that is a bit too much for me to get over I think. Too babyish. But if it works for you and you are able to get over the design, more power to you, you're in a better mental state than I am. I guess I just have a limit as to how far I'll go :P.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:06 pm 

I have experience with the Bambino products. The only difference between their three lines is the tape panel on the front.

If you don't want the AB look at all Secure Personal Care also sells the same diaper as their Secure X-plus. Secure and Bambino are owned by the same company.

If you like the Abenas, great. I've tried every brand I could get my hands on, always looking for the "next best thing," but I keep coming back to Abena. Their product is top notch and the price isn't bad either.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:26 pm 

Well, I went ahead and re-ordered my stock. Went with the "Teddy" ones, hesitantly. I am sort of regretting it now and wishing I'd gone with the "Bianco" ones (the all-white ones) because over the weekend (got them Friday afternoon) every time I'd get ready and changed for bed, I'd just feel absolutely ridiculous. And I don't think, in retrospect, that 10% extra means much. But, when I wet, I really flood, so...I wanted all the help I could get.

Nobody is seeing me in them and I don't really have a risk of anyone seeing them (like doctors or ER staff, etc) since I am quite continent during the daytime. So I don't get why I care as much about the print as I do. Usually I'm pretty quick to get over silly mental things like that.

That said, I'm glad I decided to give this company a shot. Their diaper fits my body *far* better than the Abena M4 ever did. Has a better smell, too - I don't know what they use in the padding but it seems to neutralize my urine a lot better. Less of a "wet diaper" smell in the morning.

They are slightly thinner which initially worried me when I opened up a package of them, but they don't appear to be performing any worse than the M4's did. And a thinner diaper means more comfortable sleep, so I guess I'm sold on that. Plus the Abenas tended to cut into my skin slightly, with their cut, and had a really high "rise" on them. These diapers don't seem to cover quite so much of my body and they breathe a bit easier too. Softer plastic, except for the annoying print. Their website said it was soft but now that I am reading in more places it seems they just didn't update that portion, it's now a very high-gloss harder plastic. The leak guards also seem to be staying in place better and I don't find myself wanting to constantly...um, "adjust myself" down there.

I guess it is true what I have heard people on this website say a lot, the AB/DL crowd are very picky about their diapers. It shows. I'm sold...though I think I'll be getting Biancos next time. Should have listened to you PuddleGuy, heh, as in retrospect I really doubt that the 10% extra makes any difference in them.

I think I just need time to get over the AB look. I'm a fairly open guy and willing to try pretty much anything at least twice (that's my motto - I'll try anything twice!). So I think maybe with another week of these (especially with how comfortable they are...with the Abenas I feel CONSTANTLY reminded that I'm wearing a diaper, these, it's a bit easier to forget) and I might be fine with the print. If I can't get over it I might get that "Secure Personal Care" you were talking about.

But I have to say, not having that annoying wetness indicator and that weird dark blue DNA helix down the front, is really nice. I mean yeah it separates adult diapers from baby diapers (other than size of course) but it's like, you know...I can tell when I'm wet. I don't want to feel institutionalized =/.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:28 am 

Don wrote:
Rick,
As discussed in another thread. I think one has to be careful with the AB type diapers. I'm not knocking your comfort. I like a brief that is comfortable too. But you have to realize that your doctors may see you in that diaper at an inpportune moment. Puffy Pants brought up the fact that you could be in a car accident or have to unexpectedly go to the ER. The docs will see you in a diaper that you may not want to be seen in. I'm not saying what you can or can't do because its not my business, but if someone were to see me in a diaper with cute blocks or bears on it, I'd be mortified. I don't care how comfortable they are; there are plenty of diapers out there that are not the AB/DL type that are comfortable. I wear Abena and for the most part, I usually don't even feel them. I forget that I'm wearing them. Once again, I'm not hating on your comfort, I'm just saying you could get caught in them when you don't want to. And what will your doctors think then?

So what? I sometimes were a juvenile print pair of plastic pants, the nurses seem to get a kick out of it, but don't say anything! I don't worry what someone thinks about what I wear. Guess that comes from 40 years of wearing pads/diapers (I'm almost 65 now). I wear Abena now too.

Deen

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next