www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:39 pm 

Iam over 60 and not ready for the rocking chair yet. I like the option of different prints on diapers and plastic paints. Its fun to change things around sometimes. I wear diapers 24/7 now and wear Abena x-plus most of the time but sometimes its fun to be a little different, my wife thinks just fine. One needs to enjoy life how ever you can, if wearing little bears on your diapers sometimes is fun for you then just do it. Unless you go around telling people what you are wearing no one will know but you and the only thing people will say is you seem to be in a good mood today. Step out and enjoy life its all to short.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:10 pm 

Well said. I've always felt people need to do whatever is best for them. I like plain vanilla, and for those that like juvenile prints on their diapers and/or plastic pants that's fine too. I don't pass judgement on anyone for anything. I'm just not the type of person that would wear those type of items. I guess that is why the manufactures make several colors, and different prints so everyone can enjoy what they wear. Just think how boaring life would be if everyone wore the same thing. Be happy in your work and wear whatever makes you happy. I do. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:57 am 
Admin

With my health conditions, doctors see me in diapers on a regular basis. I don't want to be seen in a diaper that has teddy's and blocks on it. I prefer a regular white diaper. The Abena Abri-Form diapers have a small lined design to them but thats about it. Other than that, they are just an ordinary diaper. I wouldn't want anyone to see me in a cute AB type diaper and then talk about me behind my back. What if you were wearing one of the AB type diapers and you were in a car wreck? What would the paramedics say if they had to cut your clothes off? I wouldn't want anyone seeing that type of stuff. That would make me feel horrible. If someone wants to wear those type of diapers around the comfort of their own home, thats fine. But I would be a little leary about wearing them out in public. Someone might see you. I'm not looking to get made fun of. You could make the argument that yes, what I wear is my business. If I want to wear diapers with cute blocks on it, fine. But if someone finds out and makes fun of me, it still hurts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:25 pm 

Don, For myself I live life and have gotten over the idea that if someone found out that I wear diapers and were shocked to bad for them. I don't run around telling everyone what Iam wearing and if someone saw me in a teddy print diaper so what. After three of my life long friends passed, Iam talking from the time we were 3 years old, they all passed before they were 50 and never got to see there kids get married or see there grand kids, I now live every day to the fullest. I don't broadcast my condition nor become paranoid about it either. I know not everyone has this outlook but things could be worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:49 am 

DJ and Don, We all can loose ourselves under the stress of incontinence. Our perspective on life changes and that is not good or right. I know I have at times punched walls in frustration or stayed home from some event or gathering because of having to wear diapers. It was easier to just stay home and avoid the hassle and possible embarrassment that could occur. It takes courage and planning and time to "go forth" with trying to live the life around us. "Loosing friends..." That hit home. It made me stop and think. 1968...I was the "old man" in my Company in Vietnam (I was 21) and around me were 18 and 19 year olds who would never have kids leave alone get married. "Kids" who lost arms and legs and worst. (Death I learned was NOT the worst thing that could happen to you.) Now I fear leaking out more than I feared walking point. Perspectives...what has happened to me? Reading the posts has made me stop and think. My late wife one easter took some old ugly 18" tree looking thing from the basement that had been given her as some modern decoration. I asked her "do you really like that thing?" She said no...but! She loved to decorate for any holiday. By the time I got home from work that night the "Ugly thing" had been transformed into a laughable "Easter Bush" with cheap flashing carrots and little bunnies and eggs and other gaudy ornaments. The look on my face made her laugh. I turned to her with some stupid look on my face and she said to me "Paul, I have decided that if it makes me smile...I will buy it. Since her death I have lost her spirit and sometimes childish enthusiasm. Signally she was the brightest person I ever met. Her intellect though never interfered with her love of life and her ability and strength to be spontaneous and fun. The cancer took 2 years to take her and yet till the end she did not let the Chemo, radiation, meds, and knowledge of her impending death take away her spirit. I, we all, need to remember perspective. Teddy Bears? What ever? I am going to try to remember her words..."If it makes you smile...buy it!" Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:05 am 

Papa,
You are absolutely right. My heart goes out to you concerning your late wife. I remember past post you have written about her. But she hit the nail on the head when she said, if it makes you smile, get it.
You are truely a good friend of mine. Keep the post coming. You really inspire me. THANKS!!!!! Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:21 pm 

Paul, Her three strongest mantras were 1. Always do the right thing! 2. Never stop learning. and 3. Always take a book with you where ever you go. I am proud that both our sons have lived up to her expectations. One went on to Business school and got his MBA. The second went to law school and is now not only a lawyer but an ADA (Assistant DA). Both carry a book everywhere and both are men i am proud of.
My oldest quit his job (at 37) to spend time with his 3 children and wife. He was making upper 6 figures and when he announced his leaving the company said they would push his salary to 7 figures and make him CIO of the company. He said "Thank you...but No Thank you." He is a saver and not a spender as is my daughter in law. You would think she would have flipped out but she actually says having him home is something she loves. He will go back to work some day but wants to run an Iron Man and write a book first. I wish I had been able to follow in his foot steps. He has his mothers' brains and attitude on life. MY other son is divorced because his ex a Malaysian wife, of Chinese decent, cheated on him 13 months after they got married. It has scared him but he is also a wonderful person - presently in China for the wedding of a friend. I have 3 Grand kids by my oldest - the latest - a girl - is a dead ringer for my wife and her mind and attitude is scary. When i look into her eyes it is haunting because the last time i saw them I was closing them witht my fingers in a hospital room - my wife's eyes. Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:24 pm 

Paul I meant to add that on the advice of a person here I got and tried the ABU diapers. My wife would have smiled I think. It has taken me a very long time to try and "loosen up" I hope it continues. Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:51 pm 
Admin

Papa,
I'm not knocking it. By all means, if it makes you happy, and its legal, do it. I'm just saying I couldn't go out of the house like that for fear of being seen. I know I wouldn't want my doctors seeing me like that. For me, that would be embarassing. I am all for having a wonderful, happy life and doing what makes you happy. Life is short, live it up. I just wouldn't want to be made fun of or put in a place that makes me uncomfortable by wearing a diaper with cute pictures on it. I just can't do it, but if you can, more power to ya. Enjoy life!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:49 am 

Don, it was one package not my standard diaper. I wear cloth 80+% of the time. I know regardless of what diaper you wear people will still poke fun of you and am VERY private about it - even my sons have no idea i wear diapers. It was a lark. I was addressing the feelings and emotions of having to deal with incontinence and life now more than any type of diaper. Papa

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next