www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:38 pm 

I'll give the ABDL community this, they are picky when it comes to their diapers. Generally, if a brand is garbage word gets around quickly and everyone avoids it.

I have tried the Cushies before and, well, they're just not my thing. The one-tape fit is surprisingly comfortable and if memory serves they did hold a decent amount given their thickness. However i just could not get over the price.

I like to try all kinds of different brands and types, always looking for the "next best thing". My wife thinks some of the ABDL stuff is really cute so I will indulge on occasion. However I prefer my diapers to be functional over most anything else. Brand after brand, I keep coming back to Abena. The price is good, the product is great and the quality is consistently top notch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:56 pm 

Puddle, I prefer cloth diapers and wear them 80+% of the time. BUT there are times though when a disposable diaper just is the better choice. The Tena were okay but i was always on edge about them lasting. I have finally gotten over what they look like and care much more how they work and feel. Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:51 pm 

Here here Papa. I agree but still the design puts my wife off and makes her feel uncomfortable so I will stick with the plain Bambino's for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:12 am 

Apparently the Super Dry Kids is the mostly plain version of the Cushies. The tape strip is the only part of the diaper that has any designs on it. I know Bambinos offers a diaper that is all white, but they are pretty thick for a day use diaper. It would be nice if ABU would make a diaper with a plain tape panel that has the same design and features as the Super Dry Kids and Cushies. They could easily market it as an incontinence product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:42 am 

When it comes to disposable diapers Abena, and Molicare are hard to beat. Both of these companies make their diapers with different levels of absorbence. No kiddie designs just straight forward protection at all levels.

I've been using the Abena brand diapers for several years during the day and don't recall ever having a problem. High quality all the way. I know some people don't like the wetness indicator but this is a common feature of any of the disposables. My focus is on protection as the user and not the wetness indicator. I'm sure manufactures but the wetness indicator on all disposables for the convenience of the care giver. I maybe mistaken, but I think the biggest users of adult diapers are those over the age of 60 with mental (stroke) and physical limitations. I'm sure care takers have an appreciation of the wetness indicator whereas anyone reading this post (mental ability) could probably care less about a wetness indicator. When was the last time you every checked the wetness indicator to determine if your diaper needed to be changed? Just the thought of that makes me laugh, but I'm sure you understand my meaning.

I select a product for it's ability and cost. Everything being equal, I'll buy the plain white with NO kiddie cartoons on my diaper thank you very much. I've come a long way since becoming incon,......I'm now willing to consider "some" solid colors for a diaper cover. I bought a few blue plastic pants. That's a big move for me to even consider such a thing, let alone make the purchase. I don't want to start something here,.....but unless your an AB, I don't understand why anyone would even consider wearing any kind of a diaper with cartoon characters printed all over the diaper regardless how absorbent the diaper might be. I'm sure the quality, and price can be matched without the kiddie cartoons. Just my thoughts.......

Last edited by johnstone on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:29 pm 

Wow.

Not everyone likes vanilla ice cream all of the time. Sometimes embracing life means you add some sprinkles to the mix for a little variety. That doesn't mean the person eating the ice cream is childish. It only means that plain vanilla wasn't appealing to that person all of the time.

If a product works, it works. I'm not going to be parading around town showing my diaper off so who cares but me? Nobody else should care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:15 pm 

SeattleDoug wrote:
Wow.

Not everyone likes vanilla ice cream all of the time. Sometimes embracing life means you add some sprinkles to the mix for a little variety. That doesn't mean the person eating the ice cream is childish. It only means that plain vanilla wasn't appealing to that person all of the time.

If a product works, it works. I'm not going to be parading around town showing my diaper off so who cares but me? Nobody else should care.

Agreed.

There are plenty of guys out there with cartoony prints on their underwear. Just browse the undergarments aisles at Wal-Mart and you'll see what I mean.

It's not everyone's cup of tea... but when nobody sees it but you or your significant other, where's the harm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:16 pm 

It would be of interest to me just what age's we all are. Everyone isn't necessarly over age 60 :) I personally wear Molicare with a Quadro insert, to me an excellent combo, and a safe 8 to 10 hours in one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:39 pm 

I agree,..... go with whatever works best for you. If your comfortable wear diapers and/or plastic pants with cartoons on them it doesn't affect me so be happy in your work. I'm not 60 year of age, but I'll stay with plain vanilla incon protection. Incon protection with cartoons on them is just not my cup of tea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:47 pm 

I'm not really into the childish print either, but I wouldn't mind some other color choices. The underwear in wore before diapers became a necessity were several different colors. Why can't we have that option with diapers?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next