www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: ABUniverse diaper!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:38 pm 

Ok. Not my scene at all but I got a sample given to me on my last order of diapers from b4ns.

I got over the design about 2 seconds after putting it on for the night. One tab per side is amazing. Why is no one else doing this? It's so comfortable. I would go so gar as to say the most comfortable diaper I have ever worn.

I wish they made it in all white my wife hates them which means I will never buy them as a regular night use diaper but for anyone else who is curious it's well worth a try. Get over the while ab dl thing and you may be surprised. I did and use the bambinos as my primary diaper and again it's a fantastic product.

Anyone else tried them or got anything they wish to add?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:36 am 

Well I think I could get over the baby print backing if they work that good. Granted my husband would get a big laugh out of it :roll: but for that kind of money NO WAY! :shock: I'll gladly stick with abena for night time

Post subject: Scene?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:48 am 

Why is there a scene? If you found a diaper that feels great and works great why wouldn't you stick with it? Put it on pull on your pj's or sweat pants or day clothing and there is no scene. If you are walking around the house in a baby print diaper and tee shirt I can see why she may be unsettled. But if it is covered up I fail to see any objection. It is rare to find that pure combination of comfort and protection so prints or color or design should be the last thing to avoid using something that seems to fit the bill. But, to each their own. Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:24 pm 

I agree with you 100%. No one knows what I'm
Wearing. It doesn't bother anyone and if I'm comfortable who cares what they look like right!

I will get another sample I think. I'm struggling to justify the expense especially when the bambinos are so good but I do love the single tape. It's so easy and comfortable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:24 am 

You mentioned how comfortable this diaper is and how you loved the one tab per side - but never mentioned the most important part of a diaper - absorbancy, leaking, duration. Baby prints or none comfort or ease of use are all secondary to it doing what a diaper is worn for. We wear diapers because we have to and with that in mind what matters most is that it works and if it works a lot better, is comfortable and easy to put on and take off the looks are put aside - other than Sandy's comment about $$$$. Cost is a factor we can't ignore. Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:55 pm 

I thought I had mentioned that. I have a neurogenic bladder so I dump around 550 ml at any one time in one go. Not once did it leak on me. I got 12+ hours out of one. Again about the same as a bambino bianco. I was very happy and it did lock moisture away from the surface better than most too. Great if you suffer with rashes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:25 pm 

Okay lets plan an AB DL month where we all go over the edge and try all this stuff we are not suppose to but gets great reviews from those that do wear it and use it. Other than Superman with his X-Ray vision, who will know? Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:35 am 

Do you know what Papa, that's really not that bad an idea. There are some great products out there for the whole ab dl scene that are alot better or not even available through normal medical care places.

Im just trying to think what else, I guess snap bottom t shirts are one that springs to mind. Just because when I was looking for option with sagging vs comfort this was one item that was suggested to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:38 am 

CharlieP and Papa,

I contacted ABU directly this week after seeing this thread. They sent me some "Cushies" samples for a few bucks. I tried them out and here's my thoughts on a 1 to 5 scale (5 being best).

Comfort: 5
Fit for me: 5
Leak protection: 4
Capacity: 3
Quality: 5

The one tape design is genius with the cut of the diaper. I can get a great fit with little effort. The tapes are so strong they will not pop loose or slip. This is also a double-edge sword. The tapes hold so strongly that it can be a challenge to get them loose when a change is needed. This is not good for anyone that has problems with lack of hand strength.

I have been active most of the day and only had to change once in the last 6 or 7 hours. I can feel it when they are wet, but not any better or worse than Secure Personal Care X-Plus. The Cushies are not as thick as the SPC X-Plus. For an intermediate capacity diaper it is an excellent choice if you can get over the designs. This is not one I will be parading around in wearing it with only a t-shirt. I'm not into that so I will be wearing pants or pajama bottoms to cover the designs. In thinking about this I am glad that someone out there decided that an effective diaper doesn't need to look like it was only designed for a hospital. It would be nice to see less infantile designs and colors so we have a few more choices to jazz up an already bland routine a bit.

Noise is only noticeable from the tape panel. The rest of the outer plastic is pretty quiet and can easily be concealed wearing relaxed fit jeans.

Since I am fortunate enough to live in the same state that ABU is based I can get their diapers for about $1.36 per unit with a case of 80 purchase. Since the VA is helping to supply me with more options to manage incontinence I won't be purchasing them.

On a side note, I wonder what the VA would say if I asked to order them from ABU for me. :lol: These would make a great daytime diaper with fewer changes than what I have to do with the VA supplied products.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:23 pm 

Doug, Bit the bullet and took your advice and tried them, a 10 pack. You were right on. Comfort, fit and absorbency is far better than Tena. I was really amazed since abu is not a "real" site for incontinence. Papa

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next