www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Velcro Cloth Diaper ???
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:44 am 

I recently went back to using cloth diapers at night because I needed more absorbency at night. :cry: I wore cloth diapers at night for a long time and found you just can't beat a good quality cloth diaper when it comes to absorbency compared to a disposable if you don't mine the hassles of washing diapers.

I'm not as informed as many here on the subject of cloth diapers, but I found the best absorbency, durability, and comfort using birdseye cloth diapers that were 4-7-4 ply.

Maybe I got using the tapes on the disposable, but I find the pins to be a hassle using the cloth diaper I have. I was thinking about buying some new cloth diapers with velcro but I want to stay with a good quality cloth diaper at a reasonable cost. The diapers I have now were purchased from Granitesmiths, and now they have a website and use the name of Doodles. I sent them an email asing if they made cloth diapers with velcro but never received a response.

Who makes a good quality cloth diaper with velcro?

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:00 pm 

I've gotten some velcro cloth diapers off of E-bay... they're by a company called YunYun and they are decent. Though lately my fiancee has been making cloth diapers... so I had her make some velcro ones for me... with a pocket for cloth or disposable stuffers. They're really great and don't cost all that much to make.

Post subject: Velcro on diaper
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:41 am 

John,

Take a look at Babykins....also called just KINS for the adult products; Kinder Incontinent Supplies.

The Velcro on diaper is #10500 and is cotton flannel and 6 plies. It may not be enough for overnight but is easily stuffed with a baby diaper or two to suit your needs.

You have to wear plastic pants, of course, over this diaper.

You will find an all in one Velcro diaper that doesn't require separate plastic pants but I have no experience with it. I've always believed in keeping the absorbing and waterproofing jobs separate for laundry purposes. Many agree with me who tried all in ones that the waterproofing can fail long before the diaper wears out. Plastic pants get laundered differently from cloth diapers, hence, I can't see combining them for any dubious "covenience". And, yes, I know there are exotic waterproof materials like PUL now a days and no one uses plastic for all in ones but I still don't trust them and can see no difficulty at all in pulling on a separate pair of plastic pants over my diaper.

One last note; you will see pull on diapers with elastic waist. Since you metnioned overnight, be sure to consider #20700. I don't recommend the pull on diaper for day use as it will want to sag as it gets wet and heavy. The Velcro will stay up as the diaper gets heavier with wetting. But lying down in bed that should not be an issue. Stuffing with cloth baby diapers will be necessary to taylor the absorbancy to your needs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:08 am 

Hi,

I have ordered from Kins and will continue to do so. Their velcro style diapers are excellent for daytime use. They will also custom make styles suitable for your needs. I think the only other brand I have tried was from the U.S., but I didn't care fro the extra costs in duty and taxes, so my preference is with Kins which is Canadian company. I'm hearing some information about pocket diapers, which is interesting considering the ability to stuff the diaper w/o attaching it with pins. I'm not sure where or who makes them.

I too have stayed away from the all-in-one style, and prefer the separate waterproof barrier.

If you are not familiar with Kins, give them a try. You will be pleasantly surprised at the quality and great service.

Weekend is here, grandkids arrived last night, and much to do with them outdoors now that the weather is looking better. Have a great weekend everyone. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:24 pm 

Kins are really great for daytime use - nice and trim, even with an insert. For night time use I've been using the Velcro closure diapers from B4NS. They're very thick and with an insert they're very work well overnight.