www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:32 pm 

One pet peeve i have is that sometimes i can wear a disposable for a while..in some cases overnight, before it is needed, and when i is needed it often clumps, making it all but useless. Case in point..as some of you know, im often dry at night, but often have uncontrollable urges in the morning...known as the morning deluge.. and thats when a brief is very much needed.. The problem i find is that as soon as it gets wet even a little, it clumps and fals a way.. This is one deterrent i have to wearing and using 24/7..though at some point i may not have a choice in the matter. It's also one reason why im considering cloth use at night time. Wetting in my sleep has happened sporadically, making diaper use at night essential. With my neuropathy, the incontience can be very unpredictable. Unlike you who have OAB and those like John who have spinal injuries and know to expect multiple incontience episodes every day, I seem to be the type whose episodse come and go..but NEVER disappear completly. But i digress..

My question is, is there a disposable that can be worn without clumping?
The information i gleaned from the primer is that an author wrote that they have not expereinced clumping with Tranquility, Molcicare, or Abena.
These 3 probably wouldnt be covered by insurance, and are a bit beyond my price range if they were used on a regular basis. I am considering investing in a case of Abena X-Plus for extended wear situations, and used sporadically..but is there a disposable that doesnt clump that is reasonably priced or available thru insurance that doesn't clump? I don't think i can get tranquility slimline or ATN thru insurance; however i do have Select availabe to me. Has anyone had experince with that diaper? How does it do in terms of clumping?
Feedback is apprecaited

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:09 am 

If I recall our last conversation... you are using mainly the Attends?

Attends have a horrible habit of clumping... especially if they get a little wet. That is the one drawback to them.

I haven't tried any Tranquility products... but I do use the Abenas regularly... both Super and X-plus. I have never had a problem with Abenas clumping. The Supers are available for a good price from XPMedical. They hold about half as much as an X-plus... they fit comfortably and aren't noticible at all under clothing. The Supers are my diaper of choice for daytime wear right now. You should give them a try.