www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:35 am 

Hello,
I have a 13 year old daughter. For about 2 weeks she has been going to bed 5 nights out of 7 days. We cannot find causes. Since we don't want to wash the bedding all the time and the mattress is starting to suffer and there's no improvement in sight, we (my husband and I) have decided that we'll start wearing diapers at night again. I also taught my daughter as gently as possible and in the end she agreed to it.
I then went to the medical supply store and got advice. Since pant diapers were too expensive for me, the saleswoman recommended that I use diaper inserts and plastic pants. I then took a package of diapers and 3 diaper pants with me.
When I got home, I put everything in my daughter's room so that she could get ready in the evening. The next morning the bed was wet again. I asked my daughter if she had taken the diapers. She told me that she put the pads in the panties. I told her that she had to wear plastic pants instead of panties. But she said that she thinks it's stupid to wear plastic pants and definitely doesn't want to wear them. She has been wearing the pad in her normal panties for 3 days now and bed linen and pajamas are wet in the morning. The plastic pants stay in the closet and are not worn.
What can I do now? I can hardly dry her off on the bed like a baby in the evening.
Does anyone have any advice?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:29 pm 

risa wrote:
Hello,
I have a 13 year old daughter. For about 2 weeks she has been going to bed 5 nights out of 7 days. We cannot find causes. Since we don't want to wash the bedding all the time and the mattress is starting to suffer and there's no improvement in sight, we (my husband and I) have decided that we'll start wearing diapers at night again. I also taught my daughter as gently as possible and in the end she agreed to it.
I then went to the medical supply store and got advice. Since pant diapers were too expensive for me, the saleswoman recommended that I use diaper inserts and plastic pants. I then took a package of diapers and 3 diaper pants with me.
When I got home, I put everything in my daughter's room so that she could get ready in the evening. The next morning the bed was wet again. I asked my daughter if she had taken the diapers. She told me that she put the pads in the panties. I told her that she had to wear plastic pants instead of panties. But she said that she thinks it's stupid to wear plastic pants and definitely doesn't want to wear them. She has been wearing the pad in her normal panties for 3 days now and bed linen and pajamas are wet in the morning. The plastic pants stay in the closet and are not worn.
What can I do now? I can hardly dry her off on the bed like a baby in the evening.
Does anyone have any advice?

An option have you all worn plastic pants and diapers as a family just to make it a collective nighttime experience. The worst case scenario is that lockable plastic pants and onesie are available but this is a very last resort. I was about your daughters age when incontinence knocked on my door feel for her I was fortunate to have a lady in Boots pharmacy who was so nice and helpful and sat me down to explain in a calm manner the situation I was in and that diapers can help in allowing me to do normal boy things such as sleepovers, scout camps and holidays to take place. Don’t be hard on her it will be scary time for her as everything is changing at once without incontinence on top.

Update have you tried a cloth diaper skirt available through Amazon!

Lots of love

Greenbank