www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:54 pm 

I am in the process of planning for a trip to a remote cabin with some coworkers. I am realizing that some things have to change for my stay this year. Since the last visit, my normal overnight diaper has become the TENA Super, which requires plastic pants. This is because the cloth-backed diapers tend to weep a bit. At home, I can hang the plastic pants up to dry and air them out a few times before they get washed. I find that the TENA Supers are comfortable and inexpensive.

But I don't want to hang my plastic pants up around the cabin to air out. That might otherwise be the subject of some not so amusing company photos!

So that means that I'll be wearing the plastic backed BetterDry for my overnight since I know that they won't leak on me (tested). I can simply discard them in the morning without worrying about the plastic pants. I'll still be bringing the plastic pants for wearing as outer fecal protection but apart from perspiration, they should not need any drying. Worst comes to worst, the plastic pants can be discarded after the trip home.

Conclusion: So while I like the comfort of the cloth-backed diaper with their hook and loop system for a snug fit, the plastic backed diaper wins for discreetness at a cabin, when you factor in plastic pants care.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:56 am 

for me Tena Slip is better no leaks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:16 am 

Wayne is probably talking about the American Tenas which don't have the plastic backing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:35 pm 

Yes. And it's not likely now that I'll be attending, so problem solved. :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:35 pm 

When I wear disposables, I always wear plastic-backed for reasons of security, capacity, and odor control. I don't like how cloth-backed diapers stretch and sag over time.