www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Megamax sizing
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:30 am 

For those that have purchased Megamax diapers from Northshore, how do you find their sizing? I have heard that they run large. How big is big? According to their size charts, I should wear a medium. But????????????? I wear a 31" jean/pant with a 35" hip. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Dennis

Post subject: Re: Megamax sizing
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:36 am 

dp66:
I have a 42 waist and when I wear a MegaMax (large) I find that the tapes fall about mid way (if not a bit more to the side) between the very front and the side. That's fine for me but the size chart says a large is for a 42-56 inch waist so you would think that the tapes should end up right at the front of the diaper, especially so since I tend to tape up fairly tight. That said the rest is very full cut with a nice high rise, great coverage and huge capacity. When I need an all-day diaper it's my go-to.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:55 pm 

I have a 40 waist and have found that the large is also the best fit for me aswell. A huge benefit to Northshore is they are good to get you a sample to help find the best size and type of protection that will help you in your situation.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:05 pm 

My "before diapers" jeans waist size was the same as you listed while my hips are a few inches larger. The small MegaMax is among the best-fitting diapers I've worn, despite that they should be too small according to their size chart. The mediums just don't work well for me, feeling uncomfortably oversized with an excessive rise, and are far more prone to leaks out the rear of the leg area.

It's definitely worth contacting NorthShore about samples of both the small and medium sizes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:19 pm 

I just ordered a sample of the small and large of the Megamax. I'm grateful that Northshore allows someone to try different sizes to determine what fits. This company seems to go out of their way to satisfy their customers. Thanks for the advice.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:05 pm 

Hi dp66,

I am a size 34 in jeans and NS recommended I order a size small. They fit ok. Last time I ordered size med. I thought they pretty much fit the same. I wanted them to be taller in front so I can wear them overnight when I'm not at home. I was thinking I'd try a size large and see how they fit. I don't want them to be so big that they can't seal around the legs.

Let us know how they fit for you.

Thanks,