www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:54 am 

I see a lot of mention of Tranquility Premium Overnight in a site search for Tranquility Premium. Does anyone have experience with the Tranquility Premium DayTime version of the product? IIRC the DayTime can absorb 25 oz vs 34 for the overnight. I am still in the hunt for something usable for family picnics where the washrooms (if any) are far enough away to be useless to an urgent bladder. I want to be able to last for an afternoon (~4 hours), if possible. I now have a Forsite AM PM package to try at some point, but it appears to be overkill for my needs. I need a larger sized pair of jeans before I can consider that.

Summer is coming!

Update:

I have since ordered some samples, including NightTime and DayTime. I've ordered some other samples as well. It seems that most IC here end up on this seemingly never ending quest to find what works best for a given situation. My home and office situation is well covered with a pull-up but I need to be "prepared" for outdoor situations.

Attachments:
DayTime.jpg
DayTime.jpg [ 5.34 KiB | Viewed 2234 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:11 pm 

I got some samples today and I think I've finally found my summer afternoon/day diaper. The Tranquility Overnight and DayTime samples were disappointing because they didn't go high enough at the front (not that I am that well endowed).

So if I stick with the pull-up format for convenience, then I think the NorthShore GoSupremes should be the ticket. They wear comfortable and don't feel bulky and still comfortable to sit in. Yet they seem to have plenty of capacity. I don't want to have to worry when I am out visiting with family at the park or spending a leisurely afternoon at the horse races. I still need to do a wet test to see how they do for swelling etc. but that will have to wait. I am hopeful that the swelling is not too bad.

All this planning ahead is new to me. If I don't plan ahead, I see much embarrassment in the future. Gone are the good ole days when I just got in the car and went places. The unused laptop bag is becoming a diaper bag for crises management.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:09 am 

How on earth do Tranquility stay in business? Their absorbency levels are miserly. They don't seem to do a single product that can absorb over a litre, including their 'overnight' brief. I presume you're supposed to buy their liner pads to make it function like a proper adult brief. I've seen their promotion video where they boast of being a "woman owned" company. So what?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:01 pm 

For the Tranquility DayTime, I also find that it feels as if it slides down my waist a lot (I'm wearing one today). So that's why they call it a "pull up"! :lol:
Seriously, once the samples are gone, that will be it for them.

Quote:
I've seen their promotion video where they boast of being a "woman owned" company.

It does feel as if it was designed for women -- just saying. I probably won't bother with any wetness testing because so far they don't inspire.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:06 pm 

HumanFly wrote:
How on earth do Tranquility stay in business? Their absorbency levels are miserly. They don't seem to do a single product that can absorb over a litre, including their 'overnight' brief. I presume you're supposed to buy their liner pads to make it function like a proper adult brief. I've seen their promotion video where they boast of being a "woman owned" company. So what?

I couldn't agree more, I've had several packs of their ATN's and Smartcore and wasn't impressed with either. The ATN's just plain fit me strangely and had only an average capacity. The Smartcore diapers seemed to have very flimsy "cloth like" sides and I often had the velcro tabs pull completely off of the wings, the capacity wasn't great either. Both of those diapers seemed to have a lot of extra outer plastic/clothlike material that did absolutely nothing but get in the way. Not a fan for sure!