www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:13 pm 

O.K., I know it's been a little bit since I have been on, but the time I have been away, I have been trying out my new diaper.

Most of you know that secure comfortable feeling you get when you finally find something that works for you, well I am finally there.

I broke down and got a case of Dry 24/7 a few weeks ago. I have been really pleased with the way they have been working for me. Most days now, I can get by with using only 2 diapers, one for night and one for day. There have been a few days that I have changed and worn a cheap brand for a few hours in between change times. For day time use, I have found that they don't break down in the seat like most do. They spread out the urine better than any I have tried. These are a thick diaper.

Since I am in between a med and a large for most brands, It's been a challenge to find the right fit. Right now this brand has two sizes, small/med and med/large. The med/large fit me really great. The plastic backing is strong but not noisy. :oops: I am a little embarrassed that they are purple.

At night, I have not worried one bit about it holding it all. Every morning I am just amazed at how much it really held. Just for the fun of it, one morning, I weighed one, it was 3 to 4 lbs. Talk about quick weight loss, lol.

So for now, I don't mind spending $1.05 a diaper when they work as well as these do. I have already seen a cost savings from not having to buy boosters.

Does this mean I am going to stop looking for good deals? NO, I just won't have to look as often

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:42 pm 

Ya know... I really do love the Dry 24/7s. They're an excellent product for an excellent price. I find them a bit thick for everyday wear though, as my job requires a lot of moving around... but for nights and weekends they really do the trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:30 pm 

There's a lot that can be said about quality. I will have to try some of these Dry 24/7 briefs. At the moment, I receive all my diapers free and don't have much of a selection. When I was buying my own diapers, most the time I bought the Abri X-plus, and super. I still have about one case remaining of the X-Plus, and find these are really good for extended wear such as night, or going places away from home for long periods of time. They don't have any bulk, or make any noise and that is importate to me besides having good quality tapes that don't break lose

The diapers I receive now work OK, but they are not designed for extended wear. Actually, I would rate them as a "B" for quality. Not the best, but better than average. For extended wear, I use a booster pad in these diapers and so far, I have not had any leaks. Still, nothing beats the quality of a good diaper that has been designed for extended wear without bulk, or noise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:19 pm 

Puddleguy,
As far as bulk goes for daytime, it hasn't been a problem so far. Some days I am more active than others. At times, I may be running cables under/over/around desk, moving all kinds of computer equipment, working with people in their office, working out in the plant which is about 3 miles of roof top area, and then many days I get to sit at my desk.

I have enjoyed that they don't make noise and that I am not worried about leaks now.

Several of the regulars here have been a huge inspiration for me as well as a world of knowledge. I am still learning how to deal with my incontinence but this board has help so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:33 pm 

I'm not sure how many years it took me before I made a post on a website like this, but I know it was several before I felt comfortable to make a post. One thing is certain,....I learned a lot of incontinence and most important I felt I was not alone with the problem and a LOT of other people have the same adjustment to make and keep moving forward with life same as me. I found those that let the problem run their lives are the people that really need the most help. Don't let the bladder issue hold you back, ....enjoy life :D I can only speak for myself, but other than family, and docs, no one that I know of knows I have a ballder proble and wear protection. Yes, I've had leaks, bulk, and odor issues, but some how, I made through all that without anyone finding out that I wore a diaper and found ways to over come those little issues. Website like this do a lot of good to a LOT of people. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:48 am 

K.T.

Thanks for the reply, it seems our occupations are similar in some ways.

I spend most of my day out in a large warehouse with no AC, so heat really is a factor for me. I have found that I can tolerate a thick diaper well enough, but the increased comfort and decreased heat from a thinner one makes a world of difference on these 80 and 90 degree days we've been having down south. Changing here at work isn't a problem as the people that need to know about my little issue already do, and our employee restroom is quite large and very private (a miracle in itself). So I try to stick with the Abri-form Supers as much as is possible during the day. I have found that they hold a very respectable amount, their capacity is actually quite suprising considering their pronounced lack of bulk. I had been wearing Attends previously, but they clumped up something horrible and sagged a lot when wet. The Abris are much better IMHO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:58 am 

Puddle Guy,

You, and a few others here have talked me into trying this Dry 24/7 brief. I was very interested in your comparison to the Abri Super. I used that brief for a long time and my thoughts were the same as yours. As I mentioned in my last post, the only brief I liked better for extended wear was the Abri-Plus. Anyway, thanks to you and a few others I'm going to purchase 2 bags of the Dry 24/7 today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:41 pm 

Its's purple ! :!: I just order a sample pack of these diapers. I'm a 38' waist so I had to go with the Med/LG size and like you said.... they are purple in color. Until I try out the sizing, I'm a little concerned about the fit so I thought it would be best to go with a sample pack first. I also noticed that if you are planning to buy one package, you might as well buy a case for $75 shipping included. One package was like $28.95, plus shipping. If these work out ok, I will probably buy a case. It just seems to be more cost effective that way which is probably way the manufacture has priced these briefs the way they have.......to encourage the buyer to purchase a case. Smart marketing, but not purple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:24 pm 

Ah... yes... they are coloured. Forgot to mention that.

I wear the mediums, which are blue... but yeah, it does remind me a bit of those cheap-o hospital brand diapers that I had for bedtime when I was younger. Honestly I think the product's performance more than makes up for the coloration. Besides... unless you plan on showing off your diaper to everyone in the world I don't think it really matters that much.

Buying by the case is really the only way to go when it comes to ordering diapers from the internet. Most retailers offer free shipping on cases, so you can save a lot of money. I just hope Dry keeps their "sale" going for a while, 72 diapers of that capacity for $75 is hard to beat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:59 pm 

I just thought the sizing was very strange.....30-50" for a size med/lg. Obviously, that is 20" in between which makes me think the fit might not be very good. I just thought it to be sest to try a sample pack first.

I hear what your saying about the color but, I know what color they are and if they were pink, I would not order them no matter how good are. I draw the line on somethings.