www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: need some info
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:05 pm 

I am thinking of buying 6 of the gauze nite weight diapers from adult cloth diaper company as I here they are very comfortable and it will eliminate the nightly hassle of folding. If any one uses them how many do you use at a time at night,would one be sufficient or would it take multiple diapers to handle a heavy wetter. Second question is how well do they dry, I have had some flannel prefolds that take until the second coming of Christ to dry an if these do also then I'm going to pass on them. one more thing, are they the best gauze out there or should I look at somebody else's? Just thought of something else, the sizes they give will there be much shrinkage after laundering them I know there site says the size takes into account for shrinkage but I've heard that one before.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:09 pm 

Hi Boomer--

I'm quite fond of these. Yes, the night-weight ones do take a while to dry (usually a bit more than one drying cycle on "medium" in our machines), but for comfort and absorbency they are great. Of course, you can also layer in liners, or as I've tried recently, some of the square "Purity" diapers as additional absorption.

I need to use the high-waist waterproof pants, especially with the bulk I end up wearing for night. I also prefer the Larger size of gauze diaper, as there is more flexibility for crossing-over and pinning (my waist is 34-36, and the Medium doesn't leave me as much ability to do this. I have sometimes used a medium-size prefold as a liner, too!

I've not tried gauze from other sources, but have used flannel and birdseye from other suppliers. I greatly prefer ACD gauze.

Best to you in your search; hope this helps (and that you get some other input, too).

Gimwet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:57 pm 

thanks Gimwet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:40 am 

The ACD Gauze are the best. Mine have lasted over 4 years. They are very comfortable and very absorbant. I also am a 34 - 35 and have no problem with size. You can double up but I think that is overkill but you will have to figure that out for yourself. Kinda depends if you change your diapers immediately after getting up or prefer to make coffee and read the paper before changing. Good luck - do get the oversize diaper pins though, you will need them. Papa

Post subject: Gauze diapers
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:37 am 

Boomer,
Let me add my two cents worth! I've been using ACD's gauze diapers(night use) for 3 years. They are the best I have found. I can get by with a medium size, but rather than doing two of these diapers, I use some pre-folded baby cloth diapers. You can add as many as you need, and also, they dry much faster than having to dry the bigger adult gauze diaper. By doing this, I can still get by with a standard size diaper pin. Papa is right to use the jumbo size diaper pins if you double up with two adult size gauze diapers.
I use both flannel and gauze, and the gauze are my favorites! Good luck with your purchase!! .............Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:16 am 

Well I just ordered a half dozen of the large gauze night weight, we'll see how well they work. Thanks all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:35 pm 

http://store.nexternal.com/shared/Store ... oducts.asp

Try the ACD cloth liners instead of baby diapers, they work and feel great. Papa

Post subject: Inserts
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:36 am 

Boomer,
Just a little clarification on my suggestion of using a baby cloth diaper as an insert. The size is a little smaller than the ACD inserts that Papa mentioned that they carry. My biggest push for these is that a dozen only cost $13.00 and they're available at Wal*Mart with no shipping cost. That makes them about half the cost of the ACD insert.
But your wearing them. Buy what you like if you want to consider buying an insert to your cloth diaper. My 5 cents worth!! ....Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:36 am 

Well you folks were right,the gauze pre folds are the way to go when it comes to comfort and absorbency. I'm going with them from now on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:56 am 

Boomer,
Glad you joined the gauze diaper club and like it. I can't say enough on how comfortable and absorbant they are. Gauze is the perfect diaper, in my opinion. .........Paul Martin