www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Cloth diapers forever?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:27 am 

Papa,
After reading this website, I really want to go to cloth diapers all thew time. I never realized the disposables did that much.
I'm such a believer in cloth at night, that I'm wringing out diapers from my "on the blink" washer since the spin cycle is messed up.
My wife asked me why I bother, and I say it's worth this extra hassle because I'm a firm believer in the comfort and absorbancy of cloth at night. My diapers are taking a little longer to dry, but atleast they're still clean and I'm still in cloth diapers at night!
LONG LIVE CLOTH DIAPERS!!!!!! .........Paul Martin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:59 am 

OK, Sandy, I did loosen up a bit, but no juvenile print plastic pants just yet. I did, however, find some bold print nylon pants and now have stripes and circles all over these colorful waterproof nylon pants.

And, Sandy, they have a rose stripes and a rose circles plus a pink nova that should appeal to the ladies...check them out at www.changingtimesdiapercompany.com

JoeK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:13 am 

I really like the comfort of lycra leg and waist bands found on KINS 6 mil plastic pants, but they will weep or wick at night and especially if your night diaper gets really wet.

Now KINS has a no wick version of the 6 mil plastic pants which have made a pleasant difference in no more wet spots on the sheets, even when I've had an extra beer! I have had mornings that my diaper has been absolutely soggy and the bed sheets have been nice and dry.

As Paul M points out, tho, you do not want tight bands! Snug but not tight! I found in the case of these new KINS pants that I needed to go up one size to have a really comfortable pant. So if you wear large, order an XL in the new KINS encased elastic pants.

JoeK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:36 am 

You all have me thinking. At first it was just the plain plastic pants,then I was bored or what ever and tried the colored pants. But after 4 years I am ready for something new and different. Just not sure what to try - maybe embarassed about thinking of wearing something non-traditional. Then I say - who am I kidding for God's sake. I am in diapers so what does it matter what I cover them in. Am I the only one who feels this way? What to try! Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:05 pm 

Hey Papa Go ahead dare to be differant :shock: ! take it from me it's fun to let your hair down. it took along time for me to do it but it's fun I'm glad I stepped over ther edge so to speak :D .................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:46 pm 

Yes...of course! Go for it. No reason to be tied to something so totally "clinical" appearing if an alternative appeals to you or can
elevate the spirit at certain moments.

I think the females would be more interested in pink and pastels for
vinyl or rubber pants (aka diaper covers). One woman I knew some
years back even had some wicked BLACK vinyl pants for wear under
darker clothing and less likely to show. There are times when even
incontinence attire can fit your 'mood'....and I think this is what Sandy
is referring to. Hey, I'm all for it, even if I don't wear daring fashions
myself (except maybe black to go with my riding gear - since I'm an
old Harley guy - LOL).

Cheers,

John.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:42 pm 

JOHN, I too am a Harley guy (FXSTS) and the Black ones sound like the right mood. Do you wear cloth or disposables while riding? And you're both right about the "mood" thing. Or maybe it is frustration over having to wear diapers. SInce you can not stop wearing them maybe you take it out on what you wear. My mind sometime feels like exploding, maybe a really different look might help! What have the rest of you who have been in diapers for a long time do? Papa Are the onsies really any good - practical - concealing? comfortable?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:31 pm 

By the way if you are thinking of using drugs or are using them for incontinence READ THIS !

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351642,00.html

Papa

Post subject: That study...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:52 pm 

I just read the link - it seems as though that's a valid study. (So many of these types of things you see are junk science.)

Papa wrote:
By the way if you are thinking of using drugs or are using them for incontinence READ THIS !

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351642,00.html

Papa

Post subject: study
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:39 am 
Admin

That does answers some questions on the side effects that some people are having. I personally have tried some of those drugs and did NOT have a fun time on them. Personally, I prefer using the diapers over the drugs. But thats just my personal preference.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next