Disposables or cloth diapers? And why?
Post a reply

Molicare super plus vs abena level 4

Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:12 pm

My hubby want's to try the molicare super plus. Just because there purple. It's his fave color. But the abena work well at night and he hardly has any leaks. So im wondering how the molicare perform. He dose push the abena to its limit some nights.

Re: Molicare super plus vs abena level 4

Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:51 pm

I have had good experience with both brands, which I use primarily when I travel. Good luck.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:14 pm

Diane,

Both Molicare and Abena are good diapers and I have worn both. The Abena has a higher total absorbent capacity than the Molicare and should be better for nights. However, good fit and personal preference also are important.

If your husband's diaper is leaking and needs more absorbency, try adding a small booster pad to the diaper. Even a small booster pad will add about another 15 ounces of absorption.

--John

Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:02 pm

Thank you for the replies. I'll get him some. And see how they work out for him. We have some boosters on hand too.

Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:04 am

Diane,

Be sure that the booster pads fit inside the internal standing leak guards of the diaper and do not mash the leak guards down. I also have found it best that the booster pads not be so wide as to completely fill the width of the diaper inside the leak guards. A little space left on each side helps to serve as a gutter to keep the flow of urine away from the top of the leak guards.

--John

Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:44 pm

I have found that the goodnites true fit liners make an excellent booster pad.

Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:11 pm

CareGiverDiane wrote:I have found that the goodnites true fit liners make an excellent booster pad.

Wait, as in the Goodnites brand for children bedwetters? Wow, your husband must be tiny! 8) :lol: 8)

Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:28 pm

The goodnites truefit is like a boxer short with a PUL barrier sewn into it that holds an absorbent pad. I think she's taking about using the pad as a soaker, not him wearing the full product.

Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:40 pm

Thanks Spartan, that makes more sense! :)

Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:48 pm

Yes it's the pads. I ordered the molicare's. They should be in on the 8th. He don't know there coming. Should be a nice surprise.
Post a reply