www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rearz
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:15 am 

On a couple of sites i have seen people with urge incontinence with heavy voids recommend the incontrol elite hybrid diaper. I have ordered a case to try and see if it actually eclipses the betterdry.

While I was ordered i stumbled across rearz “critter caboose” which is a new diaper that boasts an absurd 8000 ml absorption and while the cartoonish plastic makes me want to vomit, if this is a diaper that can actually last 8-12 hours without leaking from my surges, I felt I had to try them.

Every other diaper (dry24, megamax, betterdry) even with a booster leaks after 3-4 voids causing me to have to change wet pants by the time I get home. I have an hour+ commute to and from work and no privacy to change while there. These diapers are probably very very conspicuous when saturated but my work clothing covers my pants so no one can really see the bulge. My wife had told me to get what works, so I am experimenting. I will post here what I learn.

Post subject: Re: Rearz
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:44 pm 

Let us know what you find with these. Not only the absorbency, but the fit as well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:05 pm 

The first diaper, the elite hybrid is ok but because it is a mostly gel diaper it does not wick so a seated surge caused it to quickly go over my lap and leak. I ordered a small in this since my waist is a 34 and I think a medium might have served me better.

The critter caboose came in today and I am wearing the first one. The look absolutely ridiculous. That said, the mediums fit very well and survived three seated surges without overwhelming it. This diaper seems to be living up to the hype as it has definitely eclipsed a betterdry with booster on its own making it’s $3 a brief price tag not out of line for those who need a diaper that can take multiple floods. The critter caboose is not stiff and becomes very squishy when wet as opposed to the firmness that remains when a betterdry is wet. But it hasn’t broken down, it just feels full of sap. I can see why some are planning to switch to this as their go to staple diaper. I am just hoping rearz comes out with a varient that isn’t so embarrassing to wear

Incidentally I saw there is a diaper that is supposedly even better called Trest but unless my searching was completely off the price is near $5 per brief which is unacceptable for any budget.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:02 am 

I'm not comfortable with Trest for a different reason, namely that I can't figure out who makes them. They seem like a fly-by-night outfit and I am just not willing to trust them with a product that goes next to my skin all day.

I don't find the velcro tapes of the Elite Hybrid comfortable. They dig into my leg. I'm happier with the adhesive tapes. That's probably something that differs from person to person though!

How do you think an FSA (healthcare flexible spending account) would view a receipt that says Critter Caboose on it? That's my main concern. I trust Rearz, quality-wise and safety-wise.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:23 pm 

Since I ordered the case I will use the diapers from in control. The rearz diaper really is performing well with my tests. Sundays are the main day that I need that level of coverage so I am hopeful to see if I can make it home with dry pants.

Unfortunately the receipt does say the silly name and had a picture of it. I wonder if the company would send you an invoice that denotes high capacity incontinence brief for urge incontinence? That would be a customer service question I suppose.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:39 pm 

So let me preface by saying, I don’t think this is normal, but my output is quite a bit and it comes in surges of all sizes, but can be complete bladder emptying. As a result, my flooding usually means I will get 2-3 wettings before a diaper leaks over my lap.

As I said earlier, I was tired of Coming home with wet pants on Sundays after work. It was refreshing to not have leaks outside of the transference through the edges to my bodystocking.

This diaper is different. Every other diaper I have used usually maintains a level of firmness even when wet. These feel as though they are almost nothing but sap. As I sat down for the first time in hours after 3-4 wettings I felt a giant squish as materials parted under my weight. This would normally mean I have to clean out my car’s seat because it would mean I had devastating leak. Only…. It had not leaked. I got home after wetting twice more during the hour long drive. I tested sitting in the floor. More shifting if material, again no leak.

At this point I am fascinated and wonder how far can this go? At $3+ a diaper it would need to outperform 2 diapers to be a feasible economical diaper.

I went for a trip to the park with my young son. Voided while walking. No leakage. Came home and voided again. Sat down and it finally had press out leak. The sap had begun to travel up the back of the diaper, an area never usually utilized. And while this was press out it wasn’t gushing out. If I had been wearing my terry-lined plastic pants that I wear at night, I could have conceivably gone even further with this test. Still that was comfortably 5:30 am - 4:30 pm. A lot of diapers claim 12 hour capacity, this one actually delivered. Even with all of that movement the diaper held its form.

Now, one day does not prove anything, but I am amazed at the capacity of this diaper. It is beyond overkill for anyone who does not have floods, but if you flood routinely with your OAB, this feels like a godsend…
. I have to go through 3 cases of betterdry and one case of incontrol elite hybrids before I feel comfortable ordering again. I will use the “caboose” on days where it merits the need. After my stock is depleted this may become my daytime diaper and order a different diaper for evening and bedtime.

I am hoping that in that two to three month window, a plain white version of this will come to be. Bottom line, if you can get past the horrible prints, this may be the most Comfortable and durable diaper I have ever worn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:40 am 

Tartlon, I'm curious.. didn't you say you were a priest? Would you then not have housing near the church where you are stationed making the commute unnecessary? I'm confused. If you don't want to share.. don't worry. Just being nosy.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:53 am 

Some clergy serve parishes that have multiple churches, often miles apart.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:56 am 

sociologygeek wrote:
Tartlon, I'm curious.. didn't you say you were a priest? Would you then not have housing near the church where you are stationed making the commute unnecessary? I'm confused. If you don't want to share.. don't worry. Just being nosy.

The parishes I have served often do not have a rectory so my family has to find its own housing. Because chicago is so expensive, I live out in the suburbs. Additionally, I have a son with needs and his therapy and school are perfect here. Plus, my in-laws live near. Win win. But, that does mean it can take 40-90 minutes to get to work and the same back. I am with people all day. It’s not feasible to get to the restroom every 10 minutes during services, counseling secessions, appointments or my other work.

I had been getting by with better dry with boosters, but they were hit and miss. Many times I would come home and immediately have to change my pants and shirt because the diaper just couldn’t keep up.

Thankfully, rearz came up with their new 8500 capacity diapers and those, with a booster can legitimately make it 12 hours. I use the mega inspire + diapers that are all white. I purchase them during a bogo half price sale and basically got the diapers for less than $2 a brief which is worth it because I use less briefs this way and often don’t need a booster, which I always did in better dry .

These are now my go to diapers and I will basically do feast and famine with them. Instead of buying each month, I will buy 3-4 months of diapers at a time (I store the boxes in my garage) when I encounter a huge sale. Given the shorterages of diapers of late, I am actually glad I did this because I still have 4 cases of 108 diapers each in the garage and one opened case in the house that I just opened. +5 bags of betterdry (I tried to offload them but it was almost $100 to ship a case, and that’s $30 more than most companies charge for the diapers.) which I use when I am only going to be gone for a few hours so I don’t waste one of the high capacity diapers.

Hope that answered your question :)

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 12:33 am 

For the next 3 days all my rearz diapers are 25% off plus free shipping. I purchased 8 cases and as a result have saved around 30%. $66.33 per case is $1.84 a diaper. As a reminder. The inspire + diaper is an all white diaper. While rearz is clearly an Abdl site, this diaper is utilitarian and devoid of any prints.

Been waiting for a while for this sale and was down to my last unopened case. If you’re like me and require heavy flood protection, you might want to take advantage of this sale.