www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:11 am 

I'm one of those individuals that is sort of in between small and medium diapers depending on the brand. I really like ordering from Northshore, but not having great luck with finding the right diaper for me. I like the Megamax, but the medium seems a little long and the small a little too narrow. Is it better to err on the larger size? I have tried some of their other diapers, but sizing is again an issue, or they seem a little stiff. I wish Northshore would expand their offerings. One diaper that works well for me is the original Rearz Inspire. It has been redone, and is a little thinner than the InControl. So, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Dennis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:57 am 

Just my opinion but I always like a diaper on the slightly too large size as opposed to too small. I think it's that it gives me more material to work with to get a good fit and obviously there is more absorbent material which is a bonus. Of course there is "way too large" and then all of the excess material just bunches up, gets in the way, and is just plain uncomfortable.

An interesting side note to this is I really do like my nighttime PUL pants to be on the "way too large" size as I won't have a problem with coverage if I move in my sleep and I also find the lack of "restriction" comfortable making it easy to sleep in. It does look a bit ridiculous being so puffy but I don't think that's much of a thing while in bed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:37 pm 

I’m also in between two sizes (L and XL). Just like Padded53 said, I prefer slightly too large, it’s easier to get a snug fit. As I’m obese it’s also more comfortable around my waist.

Maybe you could try to get some samples. You try on your clothes so try on your diapers too.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:26 pm 

I lean toward the large size too. I tried the mega max and it was way too much diaper and capacity for me, so I haven't ordered any more. I did see that either the med or large could fit and not leak.
Biggest issue I've had with a too large brief is getting a good fit around the legs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:08 pm 

I am like you (between a small and medium) and I've been frustrated with some mediums beings too big and some smalls being too small.
Northshore has been kind enough to give me samples so I've found the sizing that works for me.