All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:08 am 
okay, i dont suffer from incontinence but
1. i go to the bathroom to pee a lot, even my collegues are work noticed
2. few minutes of wait, cause the feeling to be extremely irritating

i usually walk home a 20 to 30 minutes walk
if i start to feel i have to go, as soon as i leave, by the time i reach home
i would be about to burst out

i remember one time i was driving, and the raod was jammed to i just grabbed a bag
and peed in my car, i plan to alway have plastic bags in my car if this ever happen again

once ot twice for no obvious reason, while tryin to hold the pee, instead
i squeezed few drops out

sometimes, if i drink a lot, i would pee, large quantities twice or three times in a row

its irritating, the urgency and the frequence
i am only 27,
i am mainly worried that i could be on my way to some kind of incontinence problem
i well, just dont trust or dont want to go to doctors right away

so does anyone here know, or can tell me, the name of the condition i have
i search the net for urgency, and usualy the term refer to urgency incontinence which seems to me a more severe case than mine

it may be significant to say, i am not married, and i rarely masterbate, i am mentioning this, because i think maybe not having sex, cause inflatmmation or something, and that hopefully after marriage this could just go away !!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:40 am 

Hi. Your symptoms sound a LOT like mine, especially a few years ago when I was 27 also. I wish I could tell you what it was... stick around a few months until I have some tests. :-)

I understand not wanting to see a doctor, but in this case it is safer that you do. Urinary frequency in young men can be a symptom of some pretty serious stuff. Now, don't get worried -- it's also common to have plain urinary frequency. But it can also be a symptom of diabetes, prostate enlargement, prostate cancer or kidney conditions. Again, these aren't likely. It's more likely that you have a bladder like mine. But it is important to get checked out, just to be safe.

Quote:
i remember one time i was driving, and the raod was jammed to i just grabbed a bag
and peed in my car, i plan to alway have plastic bags in my car if this ever happen again

Instead of plastic bags which can have holes in them (that would be bad!) get a plastic bottle that has an airtight seal and keep it under the seat.

Quote:
sometimes, if i drink a lot, i would pee, large quantities twice or three times in a row

Same here, and I also wish I knew why. Sorry I can't be more help!

Quote:
so does anyone here know, or can tell me, the name of the condition i have
i search the net for urgency, and usualy the term refer to urgency incontinence which seems to me a more severe case than mine

Actually, what you describe is urge incontinence. Let's say you found yourself away from a toilet for an hour or two after an urge started. Could you hold it in? Even if you could, how much pain would you be in? A lot? Well, pain is worth something, too. Incontinence isn't just the loss of urine, it is the frequency and urge as well as the price in pain you have to pay to hold it in.

One thing you might try is called "bladder retraining." What you do is try to go every so many minutes and then gradually increase the time. Google for "bladder retraining" and you'll find better directions on how to do it.

You might also want to keep a bladder diary. What you do is record the time and measure your output. I did this and found that my bladder can be triggered by as little as 1/32nd of an ounce. I then took this information to my urologist appointment. Doing this will help your doctor come to a correct diagnosis.

Last, here are two important points:

Bladder frequency can start to run your life. It can get to the point that you constantly think about where the nearest bathroom is, or worry if you will have an accident in public. Do go to a doctor and get a medical diagnosis. But I will say this: It is not a thing of shame to wear protection. Absorbent underwears and yes, diapers, are tools to help people regain their lives. It is no more a thing of shame than someone with a broken leg uses crutches. Think of it this way: No one will notice if you are wearing protection, but everyone will notice the wet spot running down your leg.

The key is to be able to live your life. If you can live life without wearing protection, great!!! But if you find yourself worrying about where the nearest bathroom is, and running to the bathroom every 30 minutes, then wearing protection can get you your life back. Or at the very least, give you some peace of mind.

The second point is this: Be VERY careful not to let yourself get dehydrated. People with urinary frequency will find themselves cutting back on fluids. This is very, very, very dangerous. Dehydration is perhaps the most common cause of cancer! One study showed that ALL cancer patients are dehydrated. You should drink half your body's weight in ounces (not half your weight -- your weight in ounces!) of water each day. If you weight 180 lbs then you should drink 90 ounces of water every day for optimal hydration. And it must be water, not any other beverage. With urinary frequency you may be tempted to drink less; for your health and to keep some very bad health problems out of your future, don't. Drink as much as you need to for health, and deal with your bladder as you have to. Your health comes first!

Best wishes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:20 pm 

Hi guest and Kendal the types of things your going throught sounds like me.I would go to a meeting at work and would not drink any thing before or during for fear needing to rush out.The situation got worse where now wear protection alot is caused from enlarged prostate but at your age is kind of unlikely.thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:13 am 

I wouldn't rule out prostate enlargement or other problems with the prostate, just because you are young. When I was 24 yrs old, I developed an inflamed prostate. At the time, I didn't even know what a prostate WAS!
The advice given so far is right on: see a doctor when something is wrong. It's always best to find out if something IS wrong, rather than let it go until the situation gets much worse.
Marcus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:45 pm 

hey, your symptoms sound a LOT like mine

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:36 pm 

i am 28 and have an enlarged prostate and urge incontience so i'd say go to the dr too