www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new, hello
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:33 pm 

I started not being able to hold my urine 3 weeks ago, actually i would pee myself after coughing, running, or throwing up but not bad enough to warrant diapers. Than 3 weeks ago I wet myself twice in a day i mean flooded myself than it all went down from their, I have a doctor's appointment but the earliest i could get is in 3 months so i've been managing with diapers but lately i've only been making it to the toilet 50% of the time rest of the time its in my pants. I can feel it come out but i don't get the message i need to go until often times 5-30 seconds before. I am lucky that sometimes I am able to hold it long enough to get to a toilet and sometimes I start going but am i able to stop it, but other times and this is the worse i just flood myself and it happens mostly late at night and early in the morning. I remember the other day I had an accident and my diaper leaked while grocery shopping. this morning because i thought i was developing diaper rash and i had just peed i thought i would take my diaper off for an hour that only lasted 10-20 minutes before my bladder realeased its contents into my pants with very little warning. so I am looking for advice on what to do for the 3 month wait while i'm waiting to go to the doctor. I don't like the fact that i have no control and I'm only 25.

p.s.-sorry for the wall of text

TLDR version: I (urinate on) myself can't get into see the doctor until 3 months from now need ways to manage besides diapers (which i'm already using)

Post subject: Re: new, hello
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:14 pm 

Given your situation, three months is too long to wait for the doctor's appointment. You need to jump the routine queue of patients. A good way to get seen faster is to call the doctor's office and explain your situation. Ask them to call you in case someone cancels an appointment. Then call them back and remind them every couple of days. if you do that, you'll probably be able to see the doctor (and the doctor should be a urologist) in a couple of weeks or less. There's an old saying: the squeaky hinge gets oiled. You need to be that squeaky hinge to get yourself looked after sooner rather than later.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:32 pm 

If nothing else, go to the hospital ER where you will be seen by a doc ASAP. To wait 3 months is just plain crazy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:39 pm 

I agree. Go to the ER. Since this came on so quickly without warning you should consider it to be an emergency and should get to a doctor ASAP. The sudden lack of bladder control could be a sign of something more serious so don't wait 3 months to see your GP. Your GP might schedule you to see a urologist which could be another 3 month wait. Don't wait.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:14 pm 

I have to admit, i've gotten worse to the point that i can't really control my bowels either, and i'm scared to go to the doctor really really scared. I know i need to, but what if they say it's all in my head that if i really tried i could make it to the toilet, I can't wear regular underwear anymore, i tried this morning i pooped and peed myself and it came out the leg holes.its really bad and i feel demoralized and i just want to lie in bed and feel sorry for myself, but i can't. there's a job to be got, doctors to be seen, I'm sorry i know most of you deal with this on a daily basis, and i have no right to feel sorry for myself, but it still sucks no matter what way you dice it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:19 pm 

Incontinence is a SYMPTOM, not a cause. A doctor is the only one who can help find the cause. Go to a doctor ASAP. It could be a as simple as an allergy or it could be much more. Loosing bladder and bowel control is considered a "Medical Emergency" until the cause is diagnosed.