www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:30 am 

I have been on the net and asked Doctors about my condition. I wet the bed at night. It has cost my marriage. It also has affected my night time life in general. Cannot go out and have a drink. If I do bad things happen. Just asking other's if anyone has this problem. I am not looking for people who like diapers. (I see this on the net all the time.) Looking for people who have a problem. Found this forum. Hoping to find answers with people who know what this is like.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:53 am 

Stealtheli: Welcome

Being incontinent is difficult I know I been incontinent for many years but unlike so many I read about my wife has stood by me in every stage of this problem.
We managed to raise a wonderful daughter who gave us two fantastic grandchildren so I had a full life.
I am sorry your wife could not handle your problems I read that so much.
Incontinence is the most miss understood medical problem there is.

When I first started to have wetting problems I used diapers but soon found they got in the way of my life so I went to condom catheters to me much more freedom it did not stop me from racing motorcycles. My wife and I travelled all over the country racing.
A long story short about 20yrs ago I was diagnosed with CIDP and Autonomic neuropathy which is what caused my incontinence.
Five years ago my new urologist did some testing and found I was not urinating on my own but it was overflow my bladder could not hole it all. He also found I was retaining between 1200ml to 1500ml of urine normal is 350ml to 500ml. He then wanted me to self cath which I did for several years. Then my hands were giving me problems making self cathing difficult so I now use a Foley catheter not something I would recommend to anyone unless needed. That is where I am now.

I don’t care for diapers but then I don’t care for Foley catheters either.
It is a hard life being incontinent hope it all works out for you if you ever want to talk let me know.

2lyle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:33 am 

Hmmm, Thank you. I still want to live my life with a wife that loves and accept be as who I am. Just corious if anyone one has this problem. It is intresting that most partners will stay away from a person that has conditions. I am going to consider the catherter thing.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:36 am 

Howdy :mrgreen:
Nice to see a new face on the board. I've worn some form of protection most of my entire life. I've had to wear full blown diapers at night since day one. I've always been a heavy bed wetter. So I guess I may not be a good person to talk to about this for the fact I don't know any other way :wink: But my two cents If your wife left you good ridence :x I'm sure there had to be other issues besides your night time problem. I tell this to people often who are looking for someone with our condition. put an add in the personals. Something like "Male with incontinence issues seeks understanding Female" Hey there are suppose to be more women with this issue then males :?: At least that's what I've read. There has got to be someone out there that feels like you do and wants to have a relationship. But because she has the same problem you do. She feels trapped. Would it be a bad thing to both have the same condition :?: Also don't be to quick to wright off the AB/DL crowd. Granted I'm not into that. But I've grown to having an open mind to them as long as they don't use me :? Hey they are the one group that would welcome us with open arms :idea:

..............................Sandy :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:10 am 

I can understand what your getting at. I guess I need to be honest if I decide to get back into the dating seen again. Not looking forward to it. I have found an abdl place that are nice in the last few days. I am a little embarresed about wetting the bed at night. Go to get over this. Was not a problem when I was married though. Thank you for the nice words.

eli

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:12 am 

Stealth, you say you wet the bed but you don't say if you wear diapers. I have a dripping problem which is worse at night and I wake up wet every morning. Believe me, a wet diaper is both a lot more comfortable and a lot less intrusive on your partner than a wet bed. My wife is very supportive but insists I wear a diaper, which isn't really a question since I find the diaper much more comfortable.

I found after a few months I stopped waking up in the middle of the night and I sleep straight through. I travel a lot and have no problem. I just bring a few pullups in my suitcase. No one has ever said anything in security at airports and I don't wet hotel beds.

There is nothing I don't do that I did before this started. I enjoy coffee in the morning and wine at night. I go out and if I feel I need a diaper I just wear one.

Getting over the diaper stigma is important. It enables me to lead a normal life.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:53 am 

I do wear abena diapers at night. If I do not drink anything or tie one one I will still wake up wet. From this forum I am finding out that if you are honest and not afraid of what people think of you . Nothing will happen. I may be divorced and afraid that I will not meet anyone again. That is okay I guess. I am talking with abdl on other forums. They can be funny and good people.

stealtheli