www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: hi im new
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:48 pm 

hi to every one i come from nz im 27 male i have been incontinence only at night not day not sure how to talk to anyone about this to them i dont even know what product i should use any idears???? from anyone?thank you for your time.

Post subject: Re: hi im new
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:08 pm 
Admin

Hello Elmo, welcome to the forum... there is a ton if info on here for what you can use to stay dry at night, just look around, I am in Canada so I have no real idea of what you might have available there, but Overseas seems to have a much better level of what is out there for diapers and pads. The Diaper Primer on the main site page is also VERY informative. Puffy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:50 pm 

Hi Elmo,
Welcome to the Club! As far as finding products, let your fingers do the walking. The internet has all the product you will need. Most stores do not sell very good protection.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:43 pm 

cheers i have started useing the molicare super pluse diaper to bed as i think this diaper is bloody good

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:04 am 

Hi Elmo, and welcome to our forum! NZ I assume is New Zealand and, if so, I have no idea what diapers are available to you. Shipping certainly can be outrageous so you need to watch the shipping costs when shopping on line.

You said the Molicare Super Plus is good....and I agree! Molicare has always had a good diaper in my opinion. If you have European diapers available to you, Tena Slips are very good and Abena are top of the line....especially since we are talking bed wetting where most disposables fail if you sleep on your side.

A thick disposable such as the Abena X-PLus (renamed to the M4) is pretty good for overnight. If you sleep on your side and get leaks onto the sheets, try adding a booster on the side you sleep on. If you don't mind a little laundry you can make the booster a small towel. That will wick wetness back up into the disposable's padding.

Good luck; it's always much nicer to wake up in a dry bed!

JoeK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:08 am 

Hi elmo

I don’t know much about NZ other than it is a beautiful country some place I like to see someday.
I don’t know anything about your healthcare system so I not much help.
Do you have socialized medicine or are you like us in the US we have insurance to cover the cost of medicine.

One of the first things I would do is see a doctor and see if they can find the underling cause for your wetting.

Talking to people about our embarrassing problem is very difficult most people just do not get it and it is so simple we have a medical problem no different than wearing a back brace or knee brace for those problems or using a bandage to stop blood from leaking if we get cut.
I have been incontinent for longer than you are old and I still find it very difficult to talk to anyone about it.

As for options to handle bed wetting there are so many different ways to go I guess it what makes you the most comfortable.
Most on here use diapers but there are many other different ways one can go.

Welcome to the group

2lyle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:55 pm 

Hi Elmo,
Just read your post and you wanted to know who played sports whilst wearing protection. I am a fellow New Zealander from the North Island, but now reside in the united kingdom. I am daytime incontinent, but get up often during the night to relieve my bladder. i use tena pads during the day. At the moment i feel they are adequate and do the job they were intended for.
I have just started jogging again, which is a solitary sport because i run on my own; not in a group. (gave it up when i started having accidents when i ran, causing pressure to my bladder.) and use tena pants. they are quite expensive here in the UK. A pack of 12 pants cost £8, but they do the trick and feel comfortable. Here in the UK there isn't much variety of products to choose from and hope that you have more choice of product and less expense.
Even if, as you say, you are found out, by your team mates, what of it? It's much better to wear protection if needed, than to go without just because you might be worried by what others think. If they can't see the person you are, behind the protection, than to me, they are not true friends. A true friend accepts you for who you are and not for any problems health wise you may have.
I hope this has helped. take care
from Kakapo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:54 am 

Hi Elmo I'm also in New Zealand.

I have a few suggestions for good quality nappies for you. I don't sell them and I'm not affiliated with any of these businesses, but I know how hard it is to source a good quality nappy here without spending a fortune. I apologize in advance for the links, however it took me some time to find all these on my own and would like to save my fellow kiwi the trouble.

One little known brand is Prevail, their Night Time or extended wear nappies are well worth the price. I highly recommend them. You can find them from Supercare.co.nz a division of Babyonline.co.nz. You'll find them listed under Supercare Night Time Briefs, but they are Prevail. They are by far the best nappy I have found here in New Zealand and well worth their price. They are US manufactured, with cloth outerlayer and refastenable Velcro tabs. Although they are highly absorbent they hide well under baggy pants. These are way better than anything you'll find at your local druggist or grocery aisle.

I'm sure you've heard of Abena, they make a high absorbency diaper. Personally I think Prevail makes a better one, although Abena holds more the Abena diaper's filling falls apart causing them to sag so they're really only good for night use. You can find Abena here: http://yellow.co.nz/y/bunzl-outsourcing-services?c=9334

Attends are hard to find here in New Zealand but they do make an excellent Slip. You can source their products from two places http://www.qualitycare.co.nz/ & https://online.ebos.co.nz/default.cfm?a ... nd_id=1118
the slips are an excellent daytime product, discreet, silent and surprisingly highly absorbent.

Abena makes a great male guard for lighter accidents. They can also be sourced from BUNZL. They were surprisingly reliable for a small pad.

Don't feel bad about wearing a nappy for incontinence. It's better than taking medicines that rot your brain. It's better than soaking your car seat or friend's chair. It's way better than staying home and being a recluse. I would rather explain the nappy than find myself soaked in public. I used to worry about people noticing them under my pants but really most of the time people are too busy doing their own thing to notice.