www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: hi?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:07 pm 
hey um...i'm having trouble with uh....urinary incontinence. I'm only 16 and i really don't want to talk to my parents about it.... any ideas?

Post subject: Welcome!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:35 am 

Rebecca,
Welcome to our forum! You've come to the right place for help. We do not have many females who post on a regular basis, but Sandy, one of the moderators on this board has helped a lot of females.
I would suggest seeing a doctor first, but don't be ashamed to seek help or tell your parents. All should be understanding. You should be hearing from a bunch of our members who will have some suggestions.
Again, welcome! We'll help you out! ..........Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:09 pm 

Hi Rebecca.

Dealing with incontinence can be very taxing on a teen... with all the pressures of school, friends, and trying to maintain that "image". The best thing you can do is to seek some help. Don't be afraid to tell your parents, and definately let a doctor check you out.

There are many causes of incontinence... some minor, some serious... and the only way to know for sure is to see a medical professional.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:08 am 

I new here. been a bedwetter nearly my whole life. I am 58, and been happily married for 28 years to a most understanding wife. cloth diapers and plastic pants are my choice to handle my bedwetting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:16 am 

Hi Artiejr!
Glad to see your first post. Lots of people have gone you way to help manage bed wetting. And it certainly helps a great deal to have an understanding wife. Feel free to post other comments. We would love to hear from you! ...............Paul Martin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:15 pm 

Hello,
In have some experience with youth's bedwetting and night time urinary incontinence. What I have found to work were audio tapes that offered psychological suggestion. They used a ringing bell to hypnotically suggest when it was time to wake up and go to the bathroom. They worked 100% in only a few weeks in my experience. I do not know the name of the company that made these audio tapes offhand. I will try to find it and if I do I will certainly post the name here.
Best Regards!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:49 am 

Thank you for your thoughts. Problem many if not most of us have a medical problem. Our bladders are unable to function due to medical reasons. It's like trying to help a person who is part blind due to a damaged optic nerve to see. You could give them the best pair of glasses made. But if the optic nerve is damaged it's not going to matter. Hence if you give a incontinence person a tape as you state to help cure them. Chances are it will not work if the bladder is not able to function. But then I have read where there are people who have a psychological issue that causes these problems. So in that case it may work?
......................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:56 am 

I agree with Sandy, but there is a market out there for that type of alarm. We have a lot of people who come to this site that are parents looking for help with a bed wetting child. .....Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:32 am 

I kinda have the feeling that "most" people that post in this forum have some type of medical condition that causes some form of incontinence. For me, being incontinent is secondary to the cause (nerver damage). As such, I wear diapers 24/7, compression stockings, and a TENS unit. As Sandy explained,..... listing to a tape or CD will do nothing to cure my incontinence. However,...... it make sense that the use of hypnosis, tapes or CD's will work for some people that are incontinent at night due to psychological reasons to include bladder training.

Just my two cents worth.

Post subject: Tapes and Hypnosis
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:10 pm 

Yes,
I agree, that tapes and hypnosis etc. can be effective for psychological causes of incontinence. However they will not be a benefit for physical causes of incontinence. What types/brands of products have you found effective for 24/7 incontinence?
Best Regards,

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next