www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:05 am 

If you suspect a nocturnal ADH deficiency, try drinking more fluids during the daytime.

The way I understand it your body can only produce X amount of ADH per 24/hr period. So if you don't drink enough during the daytime you use up all the ADH and don't have any left to keep you dry overnight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:46 am 
I drink plenty during the day, over 2 litres.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:51 pm 
Admin

Isn't DDAVP supposed to substitute that hormone? You may be able to try that. I tried it and it didn't work. I still wet the bed. But everyone's incontinence is different and has different causes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:19 pm 

Kathy, From what you say you are no longer a bedwetter - correct? Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:35 am 
Oh yes, no longer a bedwetter, not since I was 11-12. Was just sharing my experience and my thoughts, and also mentioning that I frequently have to get up during the night to void, sometimes as much as 3 times in an 8 hour period.

And, sometimes this 8 hour period of frequency sometimes happens during the day....which is what leads me to believe that my ADH isn't produced in the normal/expected way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:21 am 

Hi, I'm fairly new here and just looking for people to talk to. I wet the bed most nights so I'm in nappies every night. The problem is unexplained though, I've seen the doctor, done the tests etc and they have found no cause for the problem. All I know is that as a child I wet the bed quite a lot and also had a lot of daytime accidents. About a year ago I started to wet the bed and thoughout the past year I've found myself having a couple of accidents during the day. I now wear nappies if I'm going on a long journey where there might not be any toilets available, just incase.

Does anybody else here have a similar problem to me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:30 pm 

I've read that people who wet the bed in their childhood/adolescent years are more prone to again do so later in their adult years. I don't know if this is true or what research it is based on but it something I read once or twice while researching incontinence. My incontinence is due to spinal injuries but I did wet my bed when I was an adolescent. I know there is no connection in my particular case. I was just one of those late developers and didn't grow much until my high school years. I was diagnosed with a small bladder and it and the rest of me eventually grew. I quit wetting all together by the time I turned 16.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:21 pm 

Yes I definitely agree with you on that theory. Most peopple I've spoken to who suffer from incontinence had similar experiences to myself when I was younger. People who continue to having wetting accidents into their teens definitely stand more of a chance of re-developing their incontinence later on in life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:49 am 
Admin

I didn't wet much as a child but I had a problem with it when I was a teenager. I mysteriously began wetting when I was about 15 or so and wet until I was 18. Then it just faded away. It was weird because I couldn't remember wetting before then.

Post subject: Re: Bedwetters
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:36 pm 

I have a 4 yr old son who is. And sadly he found out I wear diapers. I cant lecture him about it when he has caught me in a change.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next