www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:54 am 

Hello guys and girls.Here is and update.The Bowel part has got a lot better.I still have wet pants most of the time.
Mostly in the mornings after I take a diuretic.Most of the time it is not a full wetting but more of a leak when I bend down or do some other things Like sit on a low stool and bent over working on something.I do still take the crestor one day a week and will wear a diaper that will take care of it if I do have a bowel movement I can`t control for about 24 hours or so after I take the Crestor.Also when I am on a trip I will wear heavy protection. It has been about 18 months since this all started and I know all most as much as I did the first week.I do know it seems when my potassium gets low I wet more than when it is not.I do have a lot of trouble keeping it up where it should be.I never thought having wet pants would be a good thing but a lot better than the other.But after going through filling my diaper every time I had a bowel movement I take it as a blessing just to be a little wet most of the time. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:01 pm 

Hi Folks,
I am having bowel problems now. I get the runs and don't know it's coming. I don't use a diaper for my incontinence as I wear a Foley. Which diaper is best bowel incontinence?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:45 pm 

Hi everyone have been urine incontinence for several yrs.I sometimes when rushing to try and make it have also messed myself, is this very unusual or not?I might add this dosen't happen offen but glad for diaper.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:40 am 

Ron,

In answer to your question about it being "usual" or not about making it to the bathroom in time before soiling yourself it would depend on the type of incontinence you have, diet, and that sorta thing. If for example you have urge bladder, and bowel then if would probably be unusual for you to make it time, but it might also be related to something you ate. If you think it "might" be related to the cause of your incontinence you should talk to your doc about it.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:08 pm 

I have urge incontinence the lucky part is the bowel part dose not happen very offen.I 'am on a good diet being a diabetic.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:55 pm 

ron, if you take Metformin for diabetes, that could very well be causing you to have bowel incontinence. It happened to me, and although my husband doesn't have bowel incon, he has frequent and loose stools as a side effect of regular Metformin. Switching from regular Metformin to Metformin ER (extended release) has worked wonders for me.

Wetters

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:02 pm 

Thanks for the information.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:29 am 

I never knew that about Metformin. That is good to know. Thanks Wetters.

And to Wink, I looked at the side effects of Crestor and one of them is increased urination. So, yea, that could have done it to you.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal