www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:32 pm 

Sounds fun @Sarah!! I like to read a lot of fantasy and science fiction novels, or play the occasional video games for fun.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:42 am 

Hi Porkchop,

Welcome to the forum. My father was half Swedish, which I guess makes me a quarter Swedish, and I have a number of relatives living there in a town called Mora, I believe. Your English is great....better than my Swedish!

Sounds like you're having a tough time. I used to work at a school for gifted children with learning disabilities, and many of them were on the autistic spectrum. All of them had ADHD. I ran the school's experiential education program by which the children learned through experiences outdoors....backpacking, scuba diving and sailing. These kids were amazingly gifted but needed extra care in their transition to adulthood, and it was my responsibility to help them with that. It was very challenging, but very rewarding. I'm still in contact with a number of my former students, all these years later, and it's wonderful to see so many of them thriving in their work and personal lives.

You've come to the right place if you're looking for reliable information and encouragement. I've been dealing with various degrees of bladder incontinence for most of my life, and after experiencing numerous incontinence support groups over the years, this is by far the finest. Unable to visit the ISC website more than intermittently since joining in 2013 due to the demands of my business, things appear to be quieting down so that I can spend more time reading posts and contributing. Your healthcare needs appear to be complicated so hopefully you will gain access to a skilled medical practitioner who can help you. Do you have an advocate who can assist you in navigating Sweden's healthcare system? That might be a good place to start for you. I live in the USA so I'm afraid I don't know much about Swedish healthcare. It's tough enough to keep pace with ours lately! At any rate, we're good listeners, will keep you in our thoughts and prayers, and offer guidance when we can and encouragement always!

Please stay in touch!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:59 am 

Sorry Sarah1...that last post was meant for you. Somehow I confused you with Porkchop. My bad! By the way, I had never heard of the RUI score and just took completed the questionnaire, unfortunately scoring a 15.