www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Newbie
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:44 am 

You know I have seen so many times on here of people going through all the testing and not getting any real diagnosis or effective treatment and we are still incontinent and managing with diapers. I honeslty wonder why one would go through all the testing, some of it embarrasing and/or uncomfortable to not get anywhere and still have to wear diapers to manage. I honestly wonder why bother. It is for that reason alone that I don't pursure it any further with my doctors. I don't see the point of it.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:19 am 

Rob, welcome to our group. Sorry life is so stressful for you that your own body is letting down. I hope the doctors can figure it out for you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:20 am 

Msshendo,

I hope you don't have a malignant tumor causing your incontinence if you are not going to have at least some testing done to rule out some possible reasons causing the issue of incontinence.

Just my thoughts,....your life.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:37 am 

Johnstone, that is one point made. But in reading all the posts about testing I've read about here, I have not seen (and maybe I am mistaken) anyone getting or mentioning a test for cancer.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:52 pm 

Prostate cancer is probably the most common form of cancer causing incontinence. However, there are many forms of tumor causing cancer that can be treated IF caught early enough that also cause incontinence. Testing is VERY simple, but some symptoms to include incontinence require more testing usually preformed by a urologist. Ignoring incontinence without some idea of the cause and ruling out such things as a tumor, and/or cancer is just plain stupid.

Granted, sometimes finding the cause of incontinence is not always easy, but a panel of tests can rule out certain causes and help isolate the most likely cause. If you have spent anytime researching your own cause and possible treatments, then you probably read how the brain, nerves, and bladder work together. Just understanding the basics of how the bladder is suppose to work lays the foundation for understanding some of the things that can disrupt what was use to be a "normal" working bladder. Based on my reading, past, and/or present psychological issues is also the cause of incontinence in a large number of people so this too has to be considered as a possibility of cause when the results of urology testing show up as "normal". Many people within this forum have described their cause of their incontinence being related to full, or in part the use of certain meds. Based upon my research there are many, many different possible combinations cause the end result of incontinence it must be like putting a puzzle together to a trained medical professional. I stand by what I said doing nothing to check for the most dangerous causes of incontinence is pretty stupid to me and a risk I would never take. Just my thoughts. The cause of my incontinence has always been very easy to determine. I have nerve damage so when the doc's test my bladder, and bowel nerves they find a disconnect, but they also find other related nerve damage effecting other areas of my body so being incontinent is only one of the many nerves effected. Nerve damage is pretty easy to determine,....either things work they way they should, or they don't.

Last edited by johnstone on Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:27 pm 

I think that most of us here have endured the standard panel of tests for urinary and fecal incontinence, in my case several times. Granted that at least some of the cancers can cause incontinence, we are here largely because cancer(s) was or were ruled out. Occasionally, the treatments for cancer can cause incontinence as a side effect. However, dealing with incontinence, whatever caused it, is the major focus.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:19 pm 

Hi Jim

Welcome so sorry you find yourself here I am also suffering from stress issues due to similar work issues and this is also aggravating my urge incontinence so much more than normal. I too am in the UK and wear nappies (diapers) 24/7 it does suck especially at the moment when I am having to cope with these extra issues on top of my normal ones. I am now wearing the nappies (diapers) I wear night during the day normally I wear Attends Active Slip however for now it is a full Molicare Soft Super Plus 24/7 for me it is so annoying with the extra padding between my legs but much better than the wet alternative as I had numerous leaks. I do hope you find all the support you need here you are among friends going through similar problems.

This link has some great advice

http://www.incontinentsupport.org/primer_index.php

Life for me is rubbish too!!

Take care and hope I have been some help and comfort.

Greenbank