www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newbie
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:06 am 

Hi all!
My name is Jim, I'm 29 and have had on/off bouts of both urinary and faecal incontinence since summer 2012.
I've had a lot of medical examinations, and doctors have said everything from stress to IBS.

For the last month I've been going through a 'rainy season', but I'm only wet at night thus far.
In 2012, when this all started, I went for about 4 months with complete double incontinence so was nappy/diaper dependant 24/7. That gradually faded out over a couple of weeks and I was completely dry/clean for a few months. Then went through a bout of urinary incontinence, day and night. Then dry again. Then a bout of both for a couple of weeks, then dry/clean again.. and so on and so forth up until the present day.

At the moment, I'm tending to follow the doctors line about stress, as there is quite a lot of nonsense going on at work at the moment, with 'restructuring' and so forth (leading to a lot of friends being made redundant over the last year, with myself still in the firing line). Trying to get out of this job at the moment, and hopefully the bedwetting will clear up again.

So, that's me and my story.

Look forward to chatting to other members!

Jim

Post subject: Re: Newbie
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:31 am 

Hi Jim welcome to the forums

Sorry you are going though all the stress and that you are back to wetting at night. You will find a lot of great info here and a lot of support from the members. If you have any questions just ask and some one will probably have the answer.

Rember none of us are Doctors always check with your dr or urologist if your condition changes. Hopefully your condition improves and you can go back to being 100% of the time dry but in the mean time get your self a good mattress protector and a few large waterproof washable bed pads to protect your mattress and make clean up easy with the washable pads if you have a leek.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:03 am 

Thanks for the welcome, Rob :)

My bed is fully armed and prepped with a mattress protector and I wear a nappy/diaper to bed as well.

I keep a diary of when I am wet/messy so I can go to the doctors with a record of patterns.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:35 am 

rob110 wrote:
Hi Jim welcome to the forums

Sorry you are going though all the stress and that you are back to wetting at night. You will find a lot of great info here and a lot of support from the members. If you have any questions just ask and some one will probably have the answer.

Rember none of us are Doctors always check with your dr or urologist if your condition changes. Hopefully your condition improves and you can go back to being 100% of the time dry but in the mean time get your self a good mattress protector and a few large waterproof washable bed pads to protect your mattress and make clean up easy with the washable pads if you have a leek.

Where is a good place to get a good mattress protector? We ordered one for our bed when the kids were babies, breastfeeding and co-sleeping but it has a few holes in it now. Need to replace it, but don't remember where we ordered it from.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:23 pm 

Hi, Jim, and welcome to the forum. Sorry that you're having stress and difficulties at work. I hope they resolve favorably soon. Meanwhile, the forum is a great place for information, moral support, and to vent when necessary.

Porkchop - Walmart has a large selection with a wide range of pricing. The Bedwetting Store (online retailer) has them, too, and I would guess Macy's.

Wetters

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:32 pm 

Wetters,

Are the Wal-Mart brand mattress cover any good?

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:12 pm 

Jim,

Add my welcome to those above. Add your wisdom, which will increase the benefit this group has for all of us.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:44 pm 

Jim,
Welcome to the group. Stress will do strange things to the body, but continue to see your doctors and hopefully they will get to the bottom of it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:22 pm 

I can relate. My problems came on during an intensely stressful time in my life including a hospitalization for psychiatric issues. Those issues were spurred on my working myself too hard at 3 different jobs.....80-100 hours a week, plus taking care of my own children while my wife was working. I was working almost round the clock for 5-6 months.......I began to have bladder issues, including urinar frequency, urgency, hesitation, incontinence (always incontinence on the lighter side) I've cut back to 60-70 hours a week with only the occasional 100 hour week, and still do a couple of 10 hour days a week while the wife works. Bladder issues haven't subsided and I'm wearing a diaper 24/7 plus being catheterized 70% of the time with a Foley catheter to keep me out of the bathroom, allow me to sleep through the night, and ride in the car more than 45 minutes. I've tried a bunch of meds for OAB ultimately none of them worked. I've had urodynamics studies, cystoscopies, a host of blood and urine tests......and 13 doctors have not been able to figure it out. I believe it is interstitial cystitis. But I haven't yet met a doctor who will diagnose it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:50 pm 

PB&J32,

I can definitely relate, my doctors couldn't find a solution to my problem and gave up but wouldn't recommend diapers so now I have to go to them and ask, which I hate. Ugh, doctors!

Marcus Aurelius