www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Disability Question
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:38 pm 

I have days where I can't move by myself. I need help getting around etc because my legs don't work on these days. They've been very far and few in between (so far). I normally wear pull ups when I'm active, but I'm wondering if it would be better to wear some better protection (briefs) when I'm disabled like this, so I don't have to walk all the way to the bathroom. I just don't know if I can bring myself to consciously go on myself.

Has anybody been faced with this? Please tell me I'm not alone....

Post subject: Re: Disability Question
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:51 pm 
Admin

I hear you on using them, during the day at home I'm good, but at night with any amount of fluids in me, it's bound to happen, so I wear accordingly, and use if need be. That, or get up 3-4 times a night, and be a zombie all the next day due to no sleep. I'll wear and not be ashamed about it, but took some time to get to that point in life, certainly not easy, Puffy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:09 pm 

During a Meniere's attack walking is difficullt or impossible for me. Basically, I'm drunk, but without the benefit of a drop of alcohol. I must wear heavy protection or risk a trip to the ER because of a fall. Decide what is best for you and your situation, then do it without guilt or embarrassment. Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:43 pm 

What could be recommended for cheap (unemployed...)? Something that wont leak. I'd go mad if I got any on my bed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:58 am 

Probably your cheapes good quality diaper that will hold a good amount is going to be from XP Medical. They have their own A+ Diaper in level 3 and level 4. The level 3 is very reasonably priced compared to what is out there. But shop around and get samples to find out what will work best for your situation and what will fit you best.

Check out the Links section here http://www.incontinentsupport.org/links.php There are a number of supliers there that will get you started.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:29 pm 

Hi Alaina,
You may also want to consider cloth for home use. Initially more expensive, but cheaper long run. You would need enough cloth diapers initially to get you through one of your mobility episodes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:22 pm 

Cloth would mean possibly making my roommate clean them since I can't really walk (and dunno when I'll be able to do anything like that again). I couldn't do that. I'll check out the xpmedical.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:35 pm 

Alainaluvsu wrote:
What could be recommended for cheap (unemployed...)? Something that wont leak. I'd go mad if I got any on my bed.

Hi Alainaluvsu

When I went through the process of deciding what diaper to wear I contacted the suppliers Attends, Depend, Molicare to name a few and they send me free samples to try so that I could make the correct choice.

Greenbank

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:52 am 

I am in a wheelchair. I have a caregiver who helps me. I wear diapers all day and night. I also use underpads to protect my chair