www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:23 pm 

I was directed to this site by a member that I met on another forum when I was introducing myself there. I'm a female in my early 30s who has recently had some continence issues (since October). The underlying cause is being figured out at the moment, but doctors are leaning towards a vascular malformation in my brain. I'm not completely incontinent but I tend to have accidents every 10 days or so (and stick around for a couple days when they come). They're usually urge, but on occasion I'll have a slight leak without warning, which I'll head to the restroom and pee for what seems like forever. The events seem to be so random that I tend to wear protective underwear that I can slip on and off easily, since I do make it to the bathroom about 90% of the time.

Anyways, I look forward to getting to know everybody and this seems like the type of site that I have been looking for :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:28 pm 
Admin

Welcome Alainaluvsu, nice to have more women joining the Forum, you will make the ones here now happier! :) It would be even better if we never had to log onto a forum for this type of issue at all, but sometimes the human body says otherwise! :? :lol: Puffy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:56 pm 

Awesome! I'm excited about talking to the girls here! There's a few feminine things that I wonder about from time to time. I haven't been dealing with it long so I could probably use some advice. Like looking right in jeans. I know higher jeans and not so baggy, but I don't think my butt looks right. It's worse than wearing a pad I think. I'm sure I'll have a few more from time to time. Can't wait to share info!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:27 pm 

Add my welcome. Just knowing that there are women here adds a level of civility to our male discussions that might not be here in their absence. Your account seems to indicate that your doctors suspect that you may have a neurogenic bladder. Accept my testimony: neurogenic bladder can be one angry, frustrating bear. Good luck and keep us informed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:07 pm 

Thanks. I will :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:47 pm 

Welcome aboard! There aren't a lot of active females here but all are welcome, of course!!.....we will do our best to help in any way we can!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:46 am 

Please allow me to also welcome you Alaina. As others have said, you are more than welcome here and will find all kinds of advice here. We are all here to help each other get through this. I have found some great advice here and understanding and kindness from everyone.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:46 pm 

Hi Alainaluvsu

Welcome to the high seas shipmate. I am new (male) here having only recently found out that I have incontinence. I wear protection 24/7 as I have issues reaching the loo on time. I am glad I found this place and I have received nothing but warm and friendly members support. Advisors can only go so far and having people here who are living the nightmare is so reassuring and is comforting to know that one does not have to walk the path alone.

I have found the Primer (link below) a fantastic resource.

http://www.incontinentsupport.org/primer_index.php

All the best with the diagnostic process and take care.

Greenbank

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:55 pm 

Thanks all for the warm welcome!!