www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2nd Anniversary Update
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:32 pm 

This December marks the end of my 2nd year of being IC. In the beginning, I only had urinary IC to worry about. But about 9 months after that, other problems developed. The F-IC has been a much bigger deal in this journey. At this point, I am comfortable with the choice of products I use. I have to be more careful about spending now that I am retiring. IC still embarrasses me but I have learned to accept it.

My IBS-d seems to be related to foods that I eat mostly. There is so much I have to avoid now. If I behave food-wise, I find that I can enjoy the odd coffee like I used to but need to stay home, just in case. There was one time that I had to go pick up an online order of groceries to bring home. But on the way out of the store with the shopping cart, I knew trouble was brewing. I pretty much tossed all the boxes in the back seat of the crew cab, and quickly pushed the shopping cart aside. It was not worth getting my shopping cart quarter back if I soiled myself! I drove home and as long as I remained seated, I was able to hold back the rumbling volcano, with a lot of clenching and grimacing. Stop lights seemed to take an eternity. But in the driveway at home I paused to consider if I could make it to the toilet. I knew that leaving the truck seat was going to be a disaster. It was -- I only got as far as the back door. There was no "thrill of victory" -- only the "agony of defeat"!

On the whole, I had a pretty good year. With the help of North Shore, I was able to attend a number of dirt track races during the summer, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Now just hoping to get through the winter months until a new summer season begins. Weather-wise, I am a reluctant Canadian!

Seasons greetings to all.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:41 pm 

Congratulations on your achievement.

I too am a coffee/caffeine addict. Watching what I eat this holiday season is a real challenge. Sometimes I win; other times I lose. I rely on my protection and hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:29 am 

Patrick wrote:
I too am a coffee/caffeine addict. Watching what I eat this holiday season is a real challenge.
Especially with all of the holiday deserts! I can't always say "no".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:15 am 

Good show Patrick. You have analyzed the causes very well (I would expect no less from you.)

I'm a coffee addict also but have had to almost eliminate it from my morning routine :( due to very bad GERD.

--John
(double incontinent)