www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:49 am 

I would like to see what advice you have.
Sometimes I want to use something at night that is cooler and more breathable than a diaper so that i can sleep better. For some reason I havent been sleeping well for the past several months. I am tossing and turning. I am willing to try something else that may offer less protection but is more comfortable. I have tried pullons but they always leak and dont work well for me. Any clever options that I can try?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:35 pm 

fiacs, I'm sorry that you haven't been sleeping well. I hope that whatever issue that's adversely affecting your quality of sleep will resolve soon.

IMO, a cooler nighttime alternative to diapers is dependent upon the volume of your wettings, and whether or not you have multiple wettings during the course of the night. If you typically have low to moderate single wettings with an occasional 2nd wetting of the same quantity, you might consider sleeping in the nude on a washable or disposable surface bedpad for your side of the bed during the summer months. Easily removable/changable if the wetness bothers you. You (and everyone who has nighttime wettings) should be using a waterproof mattress cover, although they can contribute to a warmer night's sleep.

I get it that pull-ups don't work well for you (and most guys), but with a booster and PUL overpants (more breathable than vinyl or plastic) plus the surface bedpad to catch minor leaks, a pull-up might be an acceptable temporary fix for your sleep issues until the underlying problem resolves.

Lastly, I don't recommend cutting back on liquid consumption (except for alcohol) under any circumstances, but double-voiding before you get into bed will likely keep your absorbent underwear dryer longer.

Hope this helps,
W.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:46 am 

Likewise, I hope you can figure out why you aren't sleeping well.
A good night's sleep is so underrated.
Have you thought about wearing one of the cloth-like briefs or the stretch diapers (more open on the sides)? These options may give you better comfort without compromising on protection.
Another idea is a pocket cloth diaper. I haven't tried them before so maybe others in this community can chime in about their experiences with them.

My two cents
-STL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:04 pm 

I've recently been using the WalMart Assurance "Stretch" diaper with good success. The stretch abbreviated sides really make this cool to wear and it has very tall standing leak guards in addition to good leg elastics. It is NOT at all in the premium diaper class (medium at best) but I always add a cotton booster pad and it is working great for me. I do add a PUL pant over it all but I've not had any leaks even get to the PUL pant so it's been all good.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:49 am 

other than sleeping in the buff on a good pad washable or disposable, for another cool option I would give the Tena Flex Maxi a go.
probably the least hot of all I have tried. totally open on sides and decent absorbancy , my brief of choice for going to PT as
it leaves my hip fully exposed for needle therapy other than the small belt portion .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:24 pm 

Dragging this back up. Fiacs, I hope you are doing well. If you are male, you could try condom catheters and a urine bag at night. This is something my uro proscribed for me and it works with limited success. I say limited because of the cost of the condom every night and because I get a bit sore after about three weeks and need a break. I have been using this set up on and off for a couple of years now as funds allow. I have only had two leaks over that time. And both were pretty dramatic. One from the hose getting a kink in it at some point in the night. It was a good thing I sleep on a washable pad. The other time I had a bag leak at a seam. I stepped in a cold, wet puddle the next morning. :cry:

I see I am no where near my 60,000 character limit. But I will stop anyway.

ScottK