www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Diapers on a cruise
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:20 am 

I am wondering if anyone has traveled on a cruise needing to wear diapers? If so, how did you manage? It will be a ten day cruise with air travel to get to the ship. Can you purchase adult diapers on the ship? These are just a few questions that are raising my anxiety level any time I travel internationally. Thank you for any suggestions/advice.
Dennis

Post subject: Re: Diapers on a cruise
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:08 am 

Before covid19, my wife and I cruised from Vancouver to Alaska and back. For incontinence management and because I stagger when I stand or walk, we requested an interior cabin, with a handicapped shower and enough floor space to accommodate a wheelchair. I mailed a box of my supplies ahead, and had an enjoyable time.

Post subject: Re: Diapers on a cruise
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:24 pm 

dp66 wrote:
I am wondering if anyone has traveled on a cruise needing to wear diapers? If so, how did you manage? It will be a ten day cruise with air travel to get to the ship. Can you purchase adult diapers on the ship? These are just a few questions that are raising my anxiety level any time I travel internationally. Thank you for any suggestions/advice.
Dennis

I was on a two week fly/cruise/bus/train/auto/fly tour to Alaska (from Florida!) and I took a premium Abena Abri-Flex pull-up for each day (plus a couple of extras), a whole bag (48 count) of male guards and 12 foldable cotton cloth "pads". I basically used the pull-up as my all-day "regular" underwear and changed out the pads during the day knowing that if a pad overflowed the premium pull-up could deal with it. At night I used the folded cotton cloths in my pull-up with a PUL pant over all of that. In the morning I could sometimes rinse, dry, and reuse the cotton pad and other times I had to throw it out with the pull-up which I wrapped in a plastic shopping bag. I also used a toilet every chance I got to reduce the load on my protection. All of that took up one soft side carry-on bag. It worked fine for me but I'm sure it will depend on your specific level of incontinence as to whether this would be enough protection for you. From what I've read adult diapers are not available on board.

BTW... JDinVirginia has an excellent thread about his experience on a cruise. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2110&hilit=diapers+cruise