Switch to full style
Have you traveled through an airport?
Please post your experiences, good or bad.
Post a reply

Has anybody started traveling yet?

Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:18 am

I was a road warrior pre-Covid. I have platinum status with marriott and delta. This all changed. I have been grounded for several months and do all my meetings remotely. My boss can't give me a timeline about when I will be traveling again.
Has anybody started traveling for work or leisure?

Re: Has anybody started traveling yet?

Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:55 pm

No - but for business... To be honest it was a nightmare to travel by car. I have only destinations in europe but it had slowed down everything. I’m really happy that our company regulations allow flights next month again and mostly all destinations are available again. My next (first after the shutdown) domestic flight will be next Tuesday... I’m pretty curious if every thing will be like before...

Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:19 pm

Unlike prior to the Covid-19 thing my Wife and I are staying very close to home, only going out when necessary, pretty much just for food shopping and Home Depot runs. We haven't eaten at a restaurant for over five months, not even take-out, and have even drastically cut down on social interaction with all but our closest friends. However I've got to say that the house and yard have never looked so good. :)
The good news is that it appears that a vaccine may be on the horizon and we are really looking forward to getting back into traveling and the social scene again.

Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:05 pm

I did travel a couple of weeks this month but just inside my own country (Sorry I spent one night in France) and all in my own car. I am aware some of my friends did fly to foreign countries (always in Europe) but weren´t satisfied with the experience. Things are pretty fucked yet, unfortunately. I hope this nightmare finishes soon. Regards to everybody!!

Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:23 am

I’m back from my first business trip and I can say it was a long time ago that flying was that relaxed...

Pro:
- maybe not a third of passenger as before => less waiting time, only half booked flights
Con:
- a lot of shops and lounges are still closed

At some airports it was almost a bit scary because many of the stores were emptied and closed. Almost like a ghost town. So you might have problems to find a open pharmacy or a drugstore if you need something for you needs.

Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:12 am

Sorry for the late reply to this thread.

Yes, been traveling all throughout this virus theater. Frankly, I prefer it to the pre-corona days! Lines are short; service is quick; and the insides of the airplanes are pretty empty/spacious! Since March, we've traveled maybe some 10 round trips and they have all been pretty good experiences (albeit I did have one run in with TSA; looked like a new kid that hadn't yet experienced his first incon passenger).

BTW ... we've traveled both for business & pleasure. All quite pleasant!

Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:24 am

ILuvLA wrote:Sorry for the late reply to this thread.

Yes, been traveling all throughout this virus theater. Frankly, I prefer it to the pre-corona days! Lines are short; service is quick; and the insides of the airplanes are pretty empty/spacious! Since March, we've traveled maybe some 10 round trips and they have all been pretty good experiences (albeit I did have one run in with TSA; looked like a new kid that hadn't yet experienced his first incon passenger).

BTW ... we've traveled both for business & pleasure. All quite pleasant!

I've found service is worse all around. It's like COVID is the perfect excuse for all kinds of rude behavior and poor quality products. So, we limit where we go because I refuse to pay for crap. Glad that isn't a universal thing!

Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:31 pm

How are the airports nowadays? Whats it like to travel? I haven't flown yet but I miss it
Post a reply