www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Custom landing zone
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:25 am 

Maybe this is something already tried by folks here and I'm new to the party but I had a thought recently so I tried it out. Worked really great I thought.

I got the idea from how the Megamax has its landing zone. Basically I just took some packing tape and laid it across the front where I usually place my tape when I'm putting my diaper on. 1 strip for the top right across the front, and 2 smaller pieces at the legs.

This makes it easier to untape and re-tape if you need to take it off. Also it feels like it's fitting much snugger, and it seems to make it so it doesn't stretch and sag.

Maybe this isn't a profound discovery but this has been super helpful for me. Please let me know if you try it out and what your thoughts are. Hopefully this is helpful.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Custom landing zone
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:07 am 

That sounds like a great idea! I use NS Supremes sometimes and being able to re-tape without depending on the 2nd chance tape (that doesn’t seem to hold as well) would be helpful.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:00 am 

Thanks Ellyn! If you try this out let me know if you have any thoughts.

I also need to add to this I think...

Right after I wrote this I had to change and was thinking about it some more. Instead of 2 tapes at the legs I did another one right across the front where the leg tapes would land. This seems even a bit better, and less of a trick to set up.

So far I'm happy with my 2 cents worth of modifications.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:56 pm 

I’m one of those that will avoid using my diaper whenever possible. The problem is always difficulty unfastening the diaper in time. Though my sensation of needing to urinate is all but gone lately, when I do feel the urge, I have only moments to get undone. With a pull-up, it’s quick and easy, but with disposables or cloth, not so much. Re-fastening is always problematic with the second chance tapes. With cloth, no problem.
Often times, I find myself in a slightly wet disposable after unfastening to use the bathroom, then ending up changing because the tapes fail….. I have a small roll of wide tape in my bag for this issue. I simply tape over the tape tabs. After that however, the diaper is finished. There’s no re-taping. That’s there a fabricated landing zone is a great idea!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:23 pm 

Ellyn wrote:
I’m one of those that will avoid using my diaper whenever possible. The problem is always difficulty unfastening the diaper in time. Though my sensation of needing to urinate is all but gone lately, when I do feel the urge, I have only moments to get undone.

Same. Most of the time I just try to pull the front down but it stretches and I have to use the 2nd chance tape to get it fitting right again. That does not work out every time. Also, if I need to pull it all the way down there's a 50/50 shot I will be able to get it back on. It's always janky after that anyway.

I've only been trying this for a day now but it's been working out pretty good I think.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:32 pm 

When I wear a cloth-backed disposable I usually wear a cotton granny panty over it. It really helps keep it in place and can even catch a few drops that get by the diaper. Since it's 100% cotton and very thin it's not hot to wear and if you do want to pull dow your diaper it really doesn't get in the way. Plus it really helps keep your once-pulled-down cloth backed disposable in place.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:13 pm 

I found another very easy way to employ this idea.

Just put your stuff on as usual, and then peel back the white tapes, 1 at a time, then place a strip of packing tape over the blue tape. There you go.

I've been enjoying endless adjustments since I've been doing this.