Switch to full style
Post General Tips, Tricks, and Finds that you have learned that has helped you with dealing with incontinence.
Post a reply

Re: Sitting Leaks

Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:54 am

Jenn wrote:
Ellyn wrote:Interesting
Thank you for sharing. I’ll give it a try!

Every once in a while I will see if I can find another one but I can't, it seems no one is making them like that anymore. I saw one on ebay a few years ago but was out bid. :(

Yes it seems that a lot of practical things disappear... The same with my boxer shorts... I also have the problem that I leak sometimes while sitting. To solve this problem I bought a couple of years ago boxers that had a complete PU sealing between the inner and the outer fabric and where fantastic to wear... Gone... Until now I did't found anything like this again...

This was how they had looked like:

So if anyone have an idea where I can get something similar I would be happy :-)

Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:19 pm

Since working from home full-time I have had more leaks while sitting. When I was in the office I always had meetings or other reasons to get up from my desk which made me more aware of how wet I was. At home I have a chair pad and have became lazy and less concerned about leaking.

Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:27 am

Yes - Home Office is a big advantage and chair pad's are really useful... I had them also in the companys office as well as in my car. How ever, I hate this kind of accidents that luckily doesn't happen that often to me. How ever - I'm still looking for this sort of boxers. They had solved the problem perfectly but now they are not available anymore :-(...

Tue May 25, 2021 5:07 am

Well I seem to bizarrely found a solution. My control problems come and go, but in the last week or so they really went.

When I started on another medication for incomplete emptying (to make me empty more each time, not to pee more), my new partner wanted me to double up on the nappy/diaper I was using. I did talk him down to just boosters then working upwards, so i still had some maxi pads used as boosters. (As I am MtF I don't get periods). So with that in mind, three in a row - and i've had far fewer leaks than I did before. (I was getting to the loo in time 7-9 times out of 10 for quite a while, but now less than 1).

So either Kotex or some other night pads (or any traditional thick ones.
My online supermarket have their own brands around 75p-£1 a pack of 10 night or 20 day/super - as you can only buy ten in one online shop I went for both.
These are much more readily availbile in the UK than boosters but there are many others you cvan get tommorrow.
A row of three covers most of my nappy/diaper.

So there's a solution - boys might not like going shopping for essentially period protection, but if you are
anything like me then bladder problems / hopsital stays / strangers poking your crotch / why is my bladder/nbowle doimg tht like me then your fears and the likes will probably be decades ago....
Post a reply